Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put a D16A8 into my 91 AWD wagon but I am not happy with the look of the valve cover it's from a European civic. I was hoping someone could direct me to one that had the Honda logo. I know the D16A8 was used in USDM Integras in 1988 and 1989 but not sure if it will fit.

AWD WAGON

Attachments

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
:eek:fftopic: but how do you like the awd wagon..?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The AWD drivetrain has a little more noise to it, had to use the SI tranny with the D16A8. Did not want to lose the AWD option. Thought the engine would have a little more pop than it does.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
The AWD drivetrain has a little more noise to it, had to use the SI tranny with the D16A8. Did not want to lose the AWD option. Thought the engine would have a little more pop than it does.
sorry to hear, any plans on makein it awd again...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry miscommunication it still has the AWD option working. You can really feel the four wheels engage in SUPER LOW GEAR! I wanted to keep that option. But I have a valve cover with the stripes that came on the Rover I believe. looking for a Honda logo valve cover.

·
Registered
ef7 crx
322 Posts
Damn it Volitech beat me to it. I'd swap you a JDM one too. That cover would be hella rare here in NZ!

Reactions: 4Door

·
Registered
371 Posts
yeah our 86-89 integra d16a1 valve covers only have 4 retaining nuts in the center.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I thought about it after I posted and started looking, I got it backwards again....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Altech Performance in Toronto that did the work for me Wagon has a ZC valve cover, so I guess I will be posting the Rover Cover on Ebay, sounds like someone might want it.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
so how does the AWD system in these cars work? i am trying to find one. i want to put a boosted A6 or Z6 in one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is how it was explained to me. When the front tires begin to slip the rear tires will engage. If you shift into SL (super Low) all tires will engage. You can really feel the difference in super low gear.

·
Registered
371 Posts
didn't certain models of the civic wagon come 6spd awd? I only ever found 1 in the junker and it was a d13 w/ 5spd awd.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts