Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Del sol
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is the wrong place.. Move if need be

I am currently in the process of making my valve cover a bit more interesting. The problem is that in order to fit the illustration I have to get rid of the Honda raised lettering before I send it out to be wrapped.

Obx sells one plain that will work perfectly but generally obx makes me :death:
Anybody have any experience with this thing before.

OBX Aluminum Valve Cover Honda Civic SOHC D15 D16 b - eBay (item 170528839859 end time Dec-15-10 16:00:21 PST)

·
Registered
civic
142 Posts
just get a sander and sand the letters off, i did it on my friends valve cover

·
Registered
138 Posts
I know they might cost a little more than doing it yourself, but i kinda like these lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I did mine with an angle grinder w/flap wheel and an electric sander and it came out decent. Look in my build thread.

·
Registered
Del sol
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know they might cost a little more than doing it yourself, but i kinda like these lol.
Yep they look nice, the problem is that there is no sense in buying a good one if I have to sand down the lettering and shave it. Even the obx one will have to be sanded because its has to be smooth before its wrapped. I am going to try today to sand it, can't be that hard..right?

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
925 Posts
its not really that hard just becareful how much you lean on the sander because it is aluminum and the sander will gouge it up. then you have to fill it back in..

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Yea looks nice, did you use anything to smooth it out, I have seen people use bondo
Nope.Flap wheel then fine sand paper on a small palm sander, then a polishing wheel with compound.

·
Registered
Del sol
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the suggestions but for the same price the tools where going to cost me to do it I bought one that is shaved :bigok:

I haven't found anybody good enough to airbrush my design onto it, if I cant I will just vinyl it. Its just a CG version of my icon that I am working on, it takes a me a while to CG but by the time the cover gets here I should have it ready. Anyway progress will continue on my build thread.

Thanks again :pinch:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts