Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the y8 and z6 valve cover bolts are the same. im using y8 bolts on my z6 and the shit is leaking all kinda all over my motor. brand new too so this really pisses me off.

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
was the valve cover gasket new? did you wipe the seal down with oil before you reinstalled it? also, are you sure the bolts tightened? maybe they felt tight but you can pull them out with your hands?

on second thought, where is it leaking?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its leaking right below where the bolts hold it in, its like the threads are way to small you can push them in almost all the way. they will tighten but not much b4 they go loose again.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the bolts are the same.. maybe the nuts are stripped.. if you need a few i have 3 laying around. brand new.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are they supposed to be nuts cause mine are bolts? also where could i get some new ones at. its like all the bolts are way to small they can just be pushed down into the threads and pulled out but the threads inside dont appear to be stripped at all.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
never need a new valve cover gasket or even add sealant at the corners.

Ive had my cover off ATLEAST 20 times, maybe more.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mycrx said:
its leaking right below where the bolts hold it in, its like the threads are way to small you can push them in almost all the way. they will tighten but not much b4 they go loose again.
ok, you mean you can turn the bolts so they're tight, but if you keep turning them they'll go loose again?? If thats the case, they're stripped and thats why it's not holding the cover down tight enough.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but the threads look fine, it like the bolts are too small and only grab onto a few of the threads. you can push the bolt into the threads and pull it back out. almost like its been tapped before and i need bigger ones. where could i get some?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, the valve cover bolts for the d-series engines should all be the same (I know for a fact they are identical between the Y7, Y8 and Z6's) And I get mine from Honda, I believe they are 6mm threads. I would figure out the size of thread in the head and see if at some point they may have been re-tapped to maybe 7mm?. In that case, you will have to find some custom bolts...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey thanks alot for the helo on this guys but i fixed it, i just tapped it to 1/4 standard since they were stripped i wasnt looking good enough at it, but thanks for the help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts