Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Bolt broke off in the head? If so drill a small whole and use a bolt extractor or easy out and it will pull it out and leave the threads intact to add another oem bolt.

If the hole is strip out then your need to get a helicoil kit. I think it's a m6x1 thread but I could he wrong. I look into it a while back.

·
Registered
94 Civic Ex Sedan
815 Posts

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Transex method all the way, worked for me when I did this same thing and was totally broke. Small punch and hammer worked it out in 30 mins of cursing my luck. Easyout if you have the means, but sometimes drilling isnt an option depending on bolt depth and location.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I'm just wondering how did it happen? How much torque you were giving to that bolt? I stripped mine and I ended up making a valve cover stud set up. I think this will stop the stripping issue. Got a long rod from Fastenal and I cut it to size and I used new rubber washers that came with my OEM valve cover gasket kit.

·
Registered
civic lx
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Transex method all the way, worked for me when I did this same thing and was totally broke. Small punch and hammer worked it out in 30 mins of cursing my luck. Easyout if you have the means, but sometimes drilling isnt an option depending on bolt depth and location.
how'd you walk it out after punching it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts