Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you guys would have a guesstimate on how much my engine is worth. xD

It's a rebuilt D16Z6 with about 4000 miles on it now.
It has JE forged pistons, 10:8.1 compression ratio..=|
Ported head,
zex cam and valvetrain,
Skunk2 adjustable cam gear, S2 Intake Manifold, S2 throttle body.
Golden Eagle fuel rod with psi gauge, Golden Eagle fuel pump maybe? Hah I can't remember. (I'm just reading what the previous owner said he did.)
Regulator, pulley, some ebay headers(they're actually quite nice),
full msd setup, and a p28 ecu "chipped" and street tuned.
Stock rods.

But yeahhh. How much do you guys think I could get for this entire set up if I were to ever sell it?
(Noob thinking perhaps, but)I was thinking I could get over 1k just because of the low miles and it's a good running engine..So what do you guys think? Thanks in advance!

Oh and mods, if this is in the wrong section, please move it to the correct one. Sorry! =p

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
5bucks truthfully it depends on what it is worth to the person buying it me its not worth shit but for someone else hell they might think its the best thing since sliced bread.Now on the other hand it really seems like a slick way to try and sell som shit before your 65 post's hmmmmm to report or not to report.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
how do you know all of that stuff is even inside the motor being as you bought it built already?
did you get receipts for the stuff? pictures of it installed etc?
another noob got hosed hahahha thats why you never buy someone modified car especially like this I bet you have alot of stock shit in that motor to bad

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
another noob got hosed hahahha thats why you never buy someone modified car especially like this I bet you have alot of stock shit in that motor to bad
Bahaha. Wow. You're such an asshole.
If you're not going to actually help me, then fuck off. -_-
Oh, and I'm not going to sell it to anyone on here. So what if I don't have 6x posts? I don't spend a lot my time on this forum. -_-
Feel free to report me for no reason. :]

I know it's there because I looked at it all. I have no receipts, but I've checked it out myself.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Bahaha. Wow. You're such an asshole.
If you're not going to actually help me, then fuck off. -_-
Oh, and I'm not going to sell it to anyone on here. So what if I don't have 6x posts? I don't spend a lot my time on this forum. -_-
Feel free to report me for no reason. :]

I know it's there because I looked at it all. I have no receipts, but I've checked it out myself.
Acutally I did help you out read my first post and thanks for the compliment but I already knew I was an asshole :tool: enjoy your short stay here on the site.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already knew that kind of answer and I was looking for a NUMBER for an answer.

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. :slap:

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
I already knew that kind of answer and I was looking for a NUMBER for an answer.

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. :slap:
your helpless for sure 800-1000 maybe and thats pushing it more so 800 this is a used motor and have no idea how it has been taken care of or anything. now if it was just put together than thats a whole other story you happy now :haha:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
your helpless for sure 800-1000 maybe and thats pushing it more so 800 this is a used motor and have no idea how it has been taken care of or anything. now if it was just put together than thats a whole other story you happy now :haha:
Yeah. Ton's better. Thanks.

I will ask the previous owner for receipts if he still has them.
But I DO know the parts are there.

·
Registered
Same
324 Posts
400 bucks 500-600 with trans depending on clutch...its an n/a SOHC build no1 really wants that kinda stuff because you never make noticiable numbers with them, atleast none to really speak of.

i dont see you getting anymore than you would for a stock swap simply becasue you cant prove to anyone your selling it to it actually has pistons etc. unless you plan on taking it apart for every potential buyer. seriously though its just not worth most peoples time to mess with a n/a d16.... and with compression like that it damn sure isnt an FI motor.

500 total for the swap IS WHAT I WOULD EXPECT IF IT WAS MINE....no proof of miles rebuild or engine components. you may know whats in it but there no way for the buyer to know and thats what matters....hell even i can hand someone receipts to a previouse build and say its for the motor in question....for really realz!

thats all there is to it

·
Registered
Crx
418 Posts
your going to sell the fuel pump with the motor??? ive never heard such a thing.... Some dummy would probly pay 400-500 for it i would bet. the problem i see is, anyone with half a brain probly wont buy a modified motor (me at least) b/c is the stuff really in there? who built it? was it done right? was it beat to shit for 4000 miles? Really comes down to how good of a salesman you are!

p.s. what its worth, and what sumone will pay are two different things. if you want to know what its worth, just look up the prices of all the parts you listed.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
You would make more parting it out then selling it whole.Thats the only problem with sohc parts.I keep paper work for EVERY part i buy and I documented my whole build process and I'd still part it out because no ones going to pay top dollar for used sohc parts as a whole.They would rather nickel and dime you or build their own for cheaper.

block 4-500
ported head including zex cam/valvetrain and gear- 300-350
s2k intake and tb-200-250
chipped p28- 100-125
fuel stuff- 75-100
msd stuff- 75-150 if it has an ignition box
ebay header- 25-40

1200 if using my low numbers 1500 if using the high numbers (i rounded up before someone who says my math is off lol)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts