Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you South Carolinians and those of you who know who you are that planned on getting your blocks ready for summer, I wanted to post this up to see if any others around wanted to get in on this "possible" group buy/ group machining opportunity. At this point I don't believe anyone has contacted them, so I'd be glad to do the leg work.

I know of 3 of us for sure needed work and a possible fourth, but more the merrier and a possible lower price still.

I'll be PM'ing those of you who I've spoken with about this and would like all info/updates about your block preparations to be posted here. I will be receiving .20 SRPs within a couple weeks, so I'll be looking at doing this within the next month.

Keep me updated!
Dan

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just let me know what you need done to the block, boring, notching, tanking, etc. Make a list and post it up or PM me...either way. I know you have the pistons, so include the piston-2-wall clearance you'd like to see as well.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
my motor's there already. I just need to finish paying the balance of my bill and it's out. dan get my # from duck.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The pistons are 75.5, if you need me to find more detail then i can. I would like boring, notching, tanking and maybe have the bottom of the head resurfaced.
Got it! but tell me what you'd like your P2W clearance to be.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my motor's there already. I just need to finish paying the balance of my bill and it's out. dan get my # from duck.
Ah man, well you can probably tell me this then...what kind of pricing are we looking at for basics like boring, tanking, milling, etc? What all did you have done to the A6 block was it?

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
well i got a full package on my allmotor a6 block, minus the blueprint and it came out to $513.

hot tank
bb blast
square deck(shaved .010" but will ask to shave .040")
.020 overbore, hone
shotpeen rods, remove my stock pistons and put my 75.50mm P29 pistons on my rods
crank polish, check for stress cracks
open the oil holes in the bearings
full balance(i had to drop off my clutch master stage 3 disc, 12lbs flywheel, crank pulley)

i'm porting my oil pump he told me that when i'm done to bring it to him he'll clean it and make sure i have no metal shaving in it.

oh he DOES NOT assemble. and he said he doesn't. i have to do that. put back together.

·
sprinkle fingers
honda or mustang gt
435 Posts
well what i would like is the blocked deck .030. Piston to wall clearance to be .0035. the block bb and hot tanked. crank to be checked and may need to be re spun and polished due to spun bearing. and correct bearings to be ordered. i have 75.5 vitaras and eagle rods. so also block notching and girdle notching.

List:
bb blast and hot tanked.
blocked decked to .030
blocked notched and girdle notched.
blocked bored 20 over and honed
crank to be fixed from spun bearing and checked for stress cracks
bearings to be ordered
piston to wall clearance to be .0035

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
^Very good Dan! and thanks for the info Remo. Stephen, could you list it out kinda like Dan did so I've got a better idea. Thx!

As for me, this'll be my list :

*20 overbore/hone for the SRPs (.0035 P2W as well)
*Check for deck flatness, if needed a .010 mill
*Tank

Just the bare minimum for me as I'll be doing the notching, porting/shimming the oil pump , micropolish of the crank myself.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
i'm gonna say this, you better have your specs and everything you need done to your block. it'll go alot quicker cause when i first talked to him i asked him: have you ever did a honda engine. his statement was just bring me the specs you want done and i'll do it. i don't have time playing around, and yes i've done them before.

in sense if you come prepare he'll help you quicker than you going there clueless with your thumb up your ass. i spend like a half an hour talking with him and him making sure i get what i need, too. not what i think i need.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^Sounds just like a machinist! LOL My dad was the same way really. Exactly why I'd like to see the boy's "lists" so i can just rattle-off what they need.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
in truth when i brought my list. and i told him where i'm going with my build. after he listen to me. he went.. ok, you don't need that, cause of this. you might need this but if you do this then you need to this. and most of all he explains everthing and why. not here do this and thats it.

i had a huge list of specs and what i wanted done and he knocked my list down by a 1/3. he stated if you still want can do it and take yor money but i stand behind my work so there so need. perfect example was i wanted my piston coated. he said it's a waste of money cause if my motor runs lean by some reason i will just burn off the coat. then he said the most truthful statment i ever heard: when you going to get your motor tune , spend the money and get done right and my work will shine. don't take it to and idiot.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That tells you right there he isn't in it for the money...he told you you wouldn't need stuff done. Who would have said that! He's good at what he does and stands behind it. Definitely an up-standing guy! Very good advice on motor tuning...

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
are we going to have a small meet for us. in the sense of when we go o drop off some motor? i wouldn't mind hanging out for bit.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like a good idea to me! Oh BTW, is this guy or place of business open on Sat?

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
i want to say yes cause since the moved to 101 by the bmw plant i think they started opening on sat.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^Oh, well damn! I looked them up on Whitepages.com and they're right off Wade. Guessing that's old news. Do you have their current address and could you post it up for me? Thx!

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
are we going to have a small meet for us. in the sense of when we go o drop off some motor? i wouldn't mind hanging out for bit.
There's going to be a dyno day up at Naplam this Saturday Remo if you're interested from 9-2.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts