Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VTM(blue wire i think)...? What is that supposed to be hooked up to. I read the update on the apexi website but when i look at the ecu there is not wire where apexi says there is. I have a really nasty miss/idel problem and when i mess with the ecu harness i can make it worse or make it go away. Tore apart and rewired it 2 times already but still misses/idles VERY low at stoplights when it is above 75 degrees outside. When it is cold my car idles at about 750-1000. Let me know if you are having similar problems or the solution to my problem.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
d16y8 , cmon, someone on here has got to know.

No? About to leave work, parting from all my tools. If someone could give me some insite that would be helpful.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same here...but i have a nasty misfire somtimes and it will idle really low(375-425rpm) causing my car to shake but it wont die. Starting to think it isnt my VAFC and it is the alt pulley. Not latley, my battery light would come on and as soon as i gave it gas or pressed the brake, turn the wheel, etc my revs would go back to normal. Replaced battery, wires, plugs, cap, rotor.

·
Registered
286 Posts
your idle is too low and your alt not charging enough..i know when i had my y8 idel that low sometime it would die at a stoplite..then after a week or so..with my 5,000watt sound system kicking my battery die..and it would cut the music very other sec. or so..hehe.. up your idle to 800-1k and see if that help.. anything above 6-700-1k idle it was ok..under that..it would sometime die or fail to charge my battery..

edit: also the blue wire is a voltage senser wire i think... people sometime use it as an A/F by connecting it to the o2 wire.. Do a search on AFC blue wire hack..or something alone that line

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks alot!! I knew someone on here would know. I dont have the car sitting in front of me right this second but last time i checked i couldnt find a idle screw or anything of the sort. How do i adjust my idle?? (y8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts