Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sucks that you can't tune ignition timing nor rev limit, but all in all, a good buy. I don't know what the current retail price is, but I wouldn't pay more than $250 for one.
I like the fact that it displays up to 4 parameters at once. You can also record your peaks. I can also lean out the motor on a long trip (not too much obviously)

It also helped me diagnose a TPS problem because I could see the percent go to 0 on the freeway. Throttle postion readout also helps you drive more efficiently.

Hit me up if you need set up instructions.

·
I used to be Admin.....
763 Posts
Is this Apex, Fields, or some other brand?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Confusing to the average kid to even attempt to use on their own.

This unit needs to be dyno-tuned if to be done right from what I can tell or hear, but that's here-say I guess.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cant speak for others, but I dont consider myself a professional tuner and I found it quite easy to install and tune. Initial setup specs can be found online or just e-mail me.

Of course a dyno is needed to properly tune it, but it only took me a hour session to tune for high mileage and for power (2 different maps). Don't rely on the drag strip butt dyno, you can't feel the difference with this thing. Dynos out here are $50/hr, not bad for a good, smooth map.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have the Field Unit. Eh, the Apexi has WAY more but I got mine for a lil over 100 bucks. I just needed it for vtec control anyway. But I might be using it to run a MAP hack w/ big injectors etc in the event of running a turbo. Nuts to the blue box!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts