Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the deal, first of all I have a 98 honda civic automatic so an obd1 conversion is out of the question until I do a manual swap witch wont be for a while.
I got a greddy 15g turbo kit I'm installing in my car. I got it used so it came with an FMU and a missing link for fuel management.I want to run 10 psi with my setup.

I got a set of h22 345cc injectors and the resistor box also

now what will be better for tuning my car for 10psi a Greddy Emanage or an SAFC2?

I can get a used Emanage for $200 with ignition and injector harness but no support tools, CD or usb cable and also I can get a SAFC2 for about $150.

I've been to 3 shops here and they all told me to go with the SAFC2 instead of the Emanage. They said the Emanage is no good and it will be better to tune it with the SAFC2 cause its the best bang for the money and it will be cheaper and easier to tune.

What do you guys think will be the better option Emanage or SAFC2?

sorry for the long post

·
Registered
see above
4,259 Posts
this is funny. im going through the same shit with my homie who is a member on this board. his is a 2000 civic dx. going to the y8 swap with the greddy kit. he is using an auto tranny too.. so we have been going through all the options. and we have almost decided on the emanage ultimate. and from what my buddy has heard from hellhatch(member on here). that greddy can write you a basemap and then from there adjustments can be made on that prewritten map. but this looks to be the direction we are going. being as how obd1 conversion cant be done and the apexi safc2 just isnt up to par ... looks as though the emanage is the closest thing to a real stand alone or tuning program that is offered to the people using obd2 with auto transmissions.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really want the emanage cause it has better tunning capabilities but The shops tell me to go with the SAFC. The Emanage I'm picking up for $200 was installed on a same year civic with almost the same setup so I think I can run that basemap until I get it tuned, right.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Im in the same boat as you, auto + boost, what to tune. my supercharger is on stock boost with jackson racing FMU. But once I go higher boost Ill need much more than the FMU can handle. I have researched this time and time again. Your best bet will be the emanage ultimate if you can get a laptop and arent afraid to tune it yourself. It also does more than regular emanage, and afc2. AFC2 does have its benefits however, and im sure with a good tuner you can acheive similar results compared to emangae. But youll have to pay for a few hours so they can tune it , and heck that might be why they are persueding you that way.

At this point I know what I would buy now, however with a wideband, my understanding AFC could do it as well. And with tunning, wideband is a must IMHO!!! So ......... pick your poison!!!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If your planing on doing a 5 speed swap and going OBD-1 just wait to put the turbo on untill after the swap. $200 for an eManage is most of the cost for the 5 speed swap.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont have the tools or the time to do the 5 speed swap and if I have a shop do it it will cost over $700 just for labor not including parts.I can piece the parts together and maybe spend like $300 but it's the $800 for labor that hold me back. that's why I said that it will be a while until I do the 5sp swap.

thats why I'm looking for something for tuning cause I already have the turbo kit and want to install it already

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
safc2 = okay to a certain point emange is good also

but cant you use crome its free just find someone with a rom burner and set you a basemap

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
safc2 = okay to a certain point emange is good also

but cant you use crome its free just find someone with a rom burner and set you a basemap
I have OBD2 automatic so I cant do OBD1 conversion
I know a chipped ECU will be better but thats not an option in my car because its automatic.
thats why I want to know what would be a better option between the Emanage and the SAFC2?

someone please help me with this decition cause I want to install my turbo already

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've said it so many times, and I'll say it one more

EManage >> AFC

AFC and FMU are the worst choices one can have on a Honda

hint: search about the timing :)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
WOOOOO if you do the tranny swap yourself you can do it for as low as 250 maybe even lower. It is not east but it is the cheap way to do it. On this forum thats all that counts. You need to learn this golden rule.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea but I just moved to this place and I dont know anyone that can help me with the tranny swap

·
Registered
248 Posts
i would use a AFC hack, i have used Emanage and its ok i guess, ya u dont have any control over spark so just use 2 step colder plugs and run 8psi all day...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts