Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after i installed the vtec controller, the engine light came on...whats up with that...and also...when i goto the vtec info, it has a bunch of *****. whats up with that?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
tripple check the wires, and setup of the unit.. it does not just work out of the box, you have to program it to the correct settings

pressure type sensor
06 in 06 out
4cyl

and shit like that..

thats how my safc was ..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i bought it used. it works and very thing but when you turn off the car, it resets it self. i dont know to program it or anything. i need help

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
anumericrae1 said:
i bought it used. it works and very thing but when you turn off the car, it resets it self. i dont know to program it or anything. i need help
Thats strange that it resets itself after you turn the car off. Somthing may be wrong with it...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
not to piss anyone off, but their is a huge article about the afc hack, and the vafc on honda-tech. I'll link it over (if thats ok) it was actually one of the articles that made me change my mind and switch to something else. There's about 19 pages, but their is a lot of info. I never used the vafc I had, so I cant apply it, but it may help you....info is info.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=137901

·
Registered
201 Posts
anumericrae1 said:
maybe its like a car deck, it has a constant power! i'm not too sure if this is accurate information but someone will correct me if i'm wrong! maybe you need a constant power wire and its not hooked up........but good luck with that.........maybe to save you some time, take it to a shop that can tune it to have it dyno tuned and set up for you..jus my .02

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dyno cost to much.... the vfac instruction is all abbreviated..... so i dont know what is what. can someone help me set it up over aim of something. SN: taklng3acksunday

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it doesnt reset itself. my bad. but like whats a normal set up for it? in another words, whats your setting so i can try it and see if theres a differences

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
anumericrae1 said:
it doesnt reset itself. my bad. but like whats a normal set up for it? in another words, whats your setting so i can try it and see if theres a differences
so we can now assume it's working fine? What did you do to 'fix' it?

anyway, regarding tuning, seriously, you will not know if you are doing good or bad until you hit a dyno with that thing....and even that depends if you have any mods to the engine to necesitate changes to the fueling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts