Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just kinda finished my swap. D16a most likely from an 00 to 06 jdm hrv into an 00 LX manual. The intake that came off the motor was an auto intake. The gasket looked like what I believe would be the same as a y7 although I'm not sure and not at the car to compare at the moment. The intake I put on it is from a 00 ex manual. I used the auto TB and the intake gasket that fits the 00 ex manual intake with the vacuum line coming out the top of the manifold by the head. I know I have a major vacuum issue there because when I put my finger over that hole the idle speed becomes a bit less up and down.
If I swap the gasket for the one that is for the auto intake manifold that doesn't have the slots should that fix the problem? Or do I need to get a 98 intake manifold that doesn't have those slots and that fitting?
Next question, I used the gasket for the TB that matched the one for the auto TB that I took off the auto intake manifold. Do I need to use a different tb gasket? Could that be causing additional vacuum leakage?
The gasket kit I ordered had 2 different gaskets for the TB although sadly only the 1 intake gasket. I want to get the things that I am sure or fairly sure are causing issues fixed before I start trying to figure out if my iacv is bad. I did the 2 wire conversion and I'm fairly sure I got it right but plugging that 1 hole did not completely fix idle so that's why I was thinking maybe the TB gasket also needs to be different. Does the idle usually rev up and down a bit when the ecu is doing the learn procedure or should it run at the same idle speed during the learn cycle?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the reply but I got everything figured out on it. Running like a champ now. May have spent more than I needed to but I was impatient and just wanted it running. Swapped to a manual throttle body. Tapped all the holes for aiv and filled with set screws and used the 2000 gasket..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts