Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search, and I came up with a thread called "y8 intake onto y7" which also came up on my google searches. I just want to make sure I get everything right, this is the last step before I can fire up my car! I took some pics:

Also there is a hole in the black box by the oil filter, I'm guessing that's where the pcv valve goes? I'm also guessing I'm gonna have to buy one since it's not there, should I buy it for the block which is a y7, so a 96 civic?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i found where some hoses go...there is a nipple on that little black box by the oil filter coming out the back, where does that hose go to? and what's it called?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
y7 block
y8 intake
z6 head

89 integra harness but i dont think it matters...and p06 ecu 5 speed conversion, vtec conversion, custom basemap

·
Registered
00 civic
371 Posts
ok the two hoses on the bottom of the throttle body one goes to the coolant line on back of block the other one connects to the hose comming of the thermostat housing and the pcv connects to the bottom hole on the intake mani the other hole on the intake connects to the charcol canister

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok the two hoses on the bottom of the throttle body one goes to the coolant line on back of block the other one connects to the hose comming of the thermostat housing and the pcv connects to the bottom hole on the intake mani the other hole on the intake connects to the charcol canister
you weren't very detailed about which hose...but so far I got the PCV hose to the black box on the back, if your looking at the intake from the front of the vehicle the 2 nipples coming down the one on the right goes to the coolant line on the back, the one on the left goes to the thermo housing correct?, only one i need is the small nipple coming out of the black box in the back :eek:

·
Registered
00 civic
371 Posts
your coolant lines are correct the pcv valve "the black box on the back of the motor" goes to the bottom nipple on the front of the intake mani.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts