Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm going to be installing a turbo kit onto my 89 crx si and was curious as to how the vac/boost lines are ran. After many hours of researching I composed this diagram. Please tell me if there is something not correct about it. Just want to make sure its 100% OK because I could not find any diagrams out there, so I made one. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
That's correct.

Although for the wastegate I'd get the boost signal from a hole drilled in the charge pipe near the BOV.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i would suggest you get the signal from the intake manifold. why? so the WG sees what the MAP sensor sees.

i would also not (if possible) tap the brake booster vac line for signals. have before, but dont suggest it.

take the advice or leave it, just my $0.02 on the subject. there are many ways to get the job done. the way you have listed will work fine.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i would also not (if possible) tap the brake booster vac line for signals. have before, but dont suggest it.

where would you tap in for a vacuum manifold?

·
Registered
94 Civic Hatch
334 Posts
i think one of the veteran members in here that are well experienced with boosted vehicles should make a detailed diagram because i have searched many times and not found exactly what i was looking for.

just a thought for someone that might have a few minutes free time it would help alot of people and i think it should be a sticky

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
well if you go turbo....you need to run a catch can....to run a catch can you have to delete the stock pcv system, when doing so it leaves a nice big open port on the intake mani for a vacumme block..

and x2 on between the bov and tb for the wastegate signal.....i have heard both sides of the argument on running wastgate signal from the intake mani like 99ej6t had suggested....yes you can, i did for a short while...that choice is up to you

as for me my boost gauge is tee'd off the fpr(fail), bov directly from the open port on the intake(stock pcv location) and wastegate to the charge pipe

·
Registered
193 Posts
i have seen other diagrams but i have my vac mani tapped into my brake booster and was wondering where the other guy would put it cause he said not to tap the brake booster.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Great paint drawing but like others said you need a catch can for the pvc system. Also I wouldnt tee off the brakes just becasue there my brakes, when you runa catch can you can put your vaccum box off the nipple wherr the pvc sucktion line was.

·
Registered
193 Posts
well if you go turbo....you need to run a catch can....to run a catch can you have to delete the stock pcv system, when doing so it leaves a nice big open port on the intake mani for a vacumme block..

and x2 on between the bov and tb for the wastegate signal.....i have heard both sides of the argument on running wastgate signal from the intake mani like 99ej6t had suggested....yes you can, i did for a short while...that choice is up to you

as for me my boost gauge is tee'd off the fpr(fail), bov directly from the open port on the intake(stock pcv location) and wastegate to the charge pipe
i forgot i would have that port after installing my catch can. deadly man thx for reminding me.going to move it from my brake booster to the intake mani as soon as i install my catch can

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright thanks guys any tips on installing the catch can? I'm knowledgeable as far as mechanics go but first time playing with any turbo applications so I'm still learning.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts