Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an EG6 and i want to know will an accord v6 fit in my car i found the motor and the trany so it would fit

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
with enough time, money and skill, anything is possible. But that would be one front heavy bitch

·
Registered
725 Posts
If you have to ask, you cant do it.

Its been done. But not worth IMO.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
it depends on how much the motor/tranny was and how good you actually are at custom fabbing stuff, because nearly every single thing on that swap will have to be custom. its not a common swap..................ive never actaully seen it done, yet that doesnt mean it hasnt been.

i think you will benefit more in the long run money wise and performance wise to just turbo the d or look into a different swap..............like b or h series. i personally would just turbo the d because it is cheaper and you will most likely be quicker.

you need to look at aftermarket selection also. i dont think the aftermarket is as heavy for the v6 accord motors, therefor you will probably end up paying ALOT more for any given part that you want to upgrade.

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
i have a link at home of a twin turbo rwd eg8, for all that is done to it, on the vid it looks slow....

·
Registered
HONDA
368 Posts
i would love to see a EG with 3.0 VTEC V6, it would have to be mostly just custom mounts and some axles and then the problem of finding a computer that will run it , or just fiqure out how to wire in the computer that came with the car it was from. I hate how people are so negative , im sure many years ago people started modifying D series honda engine and someone fabbed up a turbo kit and did some welding . Do whatever you wanna do and dont let anyone tell you its not worth it or your wasting your time.

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
i have seen several nsx swapped rear drive civic's/crx's

honda tech has like 3 off the top of my head

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
i have seen several nsx swapped rear drive civic's/crx's

honda tech has like 3 off the top of my head
the madavi (sp?) crx is one of them. Turboed nsx motor, rwd swapped crx, that car is fucking sick :TU:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
I know it'll fit in the engine bay :)

not much room for mounts......

·
Registered
32 Posts
you will more then likely making your own front clip. My guess would be to remove it and make your own frame matching the mounts for the accord. I think I would do a 3.5 odyessy motor or a ridgeline motor. Ive thought about this alot and how it would be done. Its work but done in your own time.

Then cut and try matting fenders etc.. for the body to somewhat line up. Or just make your own new crx/civic front end. :)

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
I really see no reason to put that engine in a civic...

·
D-series WTF?!?!
Dyno GT Racing Bike
3,674 Posts
this swap is not worth it is too much of a headache for anyone and if u got HEAvy fat pocket then no one will stop u u should ask ur self is it really worth it!!!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
The main reason nobodys really tried it FWD, stupid slushbox transmissions.

Now with a 6 speed......

Exhaust routing for the rear bank is a PITA, but after seeing GM FWD's, it can be done :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
in other words sell it and use the money fr something else

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.