Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get some V-bands for my exhaust, and I'm looking for a good low-cost brand. In other words, something on the low cost side that won't leak or break after a short time. I saw these and they seem decent for the price:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dtc-794-91230/overview/

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Ive used common eBay ones ass well. They work fine. Have them on my exhaust for 6+ years. Good to go, cept for some scrapes on the bottom lol

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
I've bought some from a user named wyntonm or something like that on ebay and they work good, just the standard flat faced ones. I've also bought some from another user that had a lip on one and a grove in the other but if it's not straight they are a bitch to get installed.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
eBay isn't a manufacturer.. Of v bands at least.

Get one with the interlocking lip. If you have issues getting that aligned, a regular flat v band is certainly going to leak. Do not hang or bind any rotational force in the band as this is what breaks it.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Something to consider is the material being used, sometimes the V-band clamp might be SS, while the v-band ends might not be SS (Stainless Steel) so watch out for that.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
eBay isn't a manufacturer.. Of v bands at least.

Get one with the interlocking lip. If you have issues getting that aligned, a regular flat v band is certainly going to leak. Do not hang or bind any rotational force in the band as this is what breaks it.
Ebay isn't a manufacturer of anything. Better put, I could just say no-name brand on ebay that is made in china.

Yeah the I'm going to get one with a lip/groove.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
The threads stripping/galling on the actual clamps itself is user error 99% of the time. People tighten the clamps WAY too much, and stainless steel is prone to galling. Put some antiseize on the threads first and dont hammer fist the nut on there.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The threads stripping/galling on the actual clamps itself is user error 99% of the time. People tighten the clamps WAY too much, and stainless steel is prone to galling. Put some antiseize on the threads first and dont hammer fist the nut on there.
Thanks for the advice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts