Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 civic cx
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my question is obviously if I can use p29 on d16y7 block and d16y8 head. I've read of people using it on complete y8 but not that exact combination. Curious on p2v clearance using oem head gasket. I personally don't know if the block is literally the same. I got all the parts I need for this, just waiting on the head to be shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 civic cx
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did.. almost everywhere I go it seems that people is saying that's it's practically the same. I saw a thread that was created few years back but with more things. I just wanted something simple. I will be checking my p2v with clay once it comes in. Just don't want to be disappointed lol

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
p29's are close to zero deck, i think mine were .010 under. however that compression with a y8 head would be close to 14.2. hope you plan on using meth injection and race gas. my setup with p29's and a z6 head netted me 13.2 and i couldnt get the pinging under control under 3k rpm's due to the stock cam, perhaps with a custom cam you might be able to.

·
Registered
98 civic cx
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so far this what I've come up with using the compression calculator and assuming the head was cut 0.010in

D16y8 head
Cometic 0.060in head gasket
P29 piston 75mm
D16y7 block

If I used this calculator Correctly
It's at 12.1cp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts