Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this about using dsm parts?
Ok the injectors I can understand, bigger, cheap upgrade
Turbo parts, a cheaper way to throw a turbo kit together.

But whats up with using the dsm ignition wires? And using the
dsm resister box? What is the benefit of this stuff?

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
never heard anything about the ignition wires and you dont have to use the DSM resistor box, you can use one from any 88-91 Civic, and some accord years.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
then why do people use the dsm ones when the honda ones are the same? is there no benefit at all?

and is there anything else you would use of a dsm.

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
really no benifit. most people use them because either their car didnt come with one, or they think they have to use that resistor box with the 450s which isnt true. and i cant really think of anything else that would be good to use besides that.

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
who knows. I also seen people using the turbo manifold for H22 turbo applications :TU: it doesnt bolt up, They cut out the manifold to line up the studs on the exhaust side.

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
who knows. I also seen people using the turbo manifold for H22 turbo applications :TU: it doesnt bolt up, They cut out the manifold to line up the studs on the exhaust side.
yea i had a buddy do that. not bad if youre going the cheap route i guess.

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
yea i had a buddy do that. not bad if youre going the cheap route i guess.
I'b be worried about quality issues, and be scared If I bottom out hardcore, It would push my down pipe up, and disconnect the header from the head. They make cuts where the origional holes are. Its like you can slip the header off at an angle..

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
he ran it fine for a good year and a half and put over 30K mi on it. It was on an H22.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
I'm guessing the wires might be bigger or whatever when some wires are 7 and others are 9. That's what an hmt kit is though. using junkyard parts from turbocharged cars to put on hondas or whatever car. Hell i'd use a oil pan, fittings, etc. etc. if it fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts