Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! I believe this is my first post on here. I have been searching for an answer to my brake/knuckle dilemma and I was hoping someone could clear this up for me.

I have a 1998 Civic DX hatchback with a stock brakes and suspension. I am doing a front and rear disc brake conversion using parts from an 1995 Integra GSR. Where I am running into an issue is with the front knuckle from the Integra. It seems to be about 1/2inch taller than the EJ Civic DX knuckle. I could also be measuring this incorrectly.

I looked around online and I have found some people say that the Integra knuckle works with no issue, others have said you need to use an upper control arm with adjustable camber, and I have seen others say it will not work at all and I need to use the knuckle from a 99-00 Civic EX/Si.

If anyone can clear this up, it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
96 honda civic
18 Posts
They are different from ek. I used EX spindles with Integra calipers/rotors. The spindles looked a bit different but that’s what I did.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I will have to search for those then. The junkyards around here suck, so it's probably going to have to be from eBay. Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
72 Posts
The integra knuckles are definitely the same as the 92-95 civic knuckles, the upper control arms are the same too. The lower control arms are different on the dx, lx, and other lower trim level models while the EX and integra lower arms are the same.

Dunno about the 96-2000 civic, tho

1 - 4 of 4 Posts