Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else doing this, or any other DSM turbo. Just seems like it will make my life a lot easier to mount it with the compressor housing towards the driver side. They normally would mount with it towards the passenger side, seeing as they use a side mount. Everything looks to clear from just a quick mock up on my spare block, but that's not acounting for the radiator. Halp?

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
T25 with compressor on the driver's side:

(I know it is a crappy small pic, but, it is what it is.)

The issue I had with it was finding a filter that would fit in the space with the Hf manifold I was running. Intercooler piping was interesting.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You don't happen to have any pics of the piping eh? The 14B has a J-pipe that bolts on instead of just an outlet, which looks like I'm going to have to cut and have rewelded at a better angle.

·
Registered
BMW
165 Posts
i sent the guy with the 1g dsm a email to see if he will send me some pix of how he did it i will post back if he emails me any info back

·
Registered
92 eg
723 Posts
not sure if these help but ... this setup has been on a friends crx for a while. i personally ran a "evo 3" 16g on my lsv with the comp facing driver side with a j-pipe *90 with a filter it cleared fine. but it was in a "eg"

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Matt, that air filter you have in that pic really, really sucks.
I know. It was the only thing I could find to fit when I needed something, and I think JUST a screen is a terrible idea. It will be fixed before I drive the car regularly again.

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
Throw some panty hose over the screen. Change one a month. They were $0.33 at Wal Mart and it comes with two, because the ladies have two legs. And the funny thing is, you spend $2.00 on some and you have filters for all year.

·
Registered
92 hatchback
1,517 Posts
If you use it, towards the drivers side and use the DSM J-bend, it is perfect for a backdoor intercooler. That's what I did back in 2002.
You can see it a little in the picture, i'll try to find a better one.

·
Registered
984 Posts

Here's what I did. I cut the stock "J" pipe at the base and leaned it out toward the drivers fender a to get a bit more angle, and then welded it to a short section of stock exhaust of an eg hatch. The downpipe was a couple of 90's I had a local muffler shop crush bend (no mandrel benders around here). The waste gate dump is another chunk of the eg exhaust. All done with the trusty flux core welder. No filter.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Throw some panty hose over the screen. Change one a month. They were $0.33 at Wal Mart and it comes with two, because the ladies have two legs. And the funny thing is, you spend $2.00 on some and you have filters for all year.
Both legs? You're pulling better tail than I :3dbiggrin:

No, I just wondered if it would be feasible, it looked like it would, just didn't wanna do it if not. I really might do your trick donwon, if I can't route a filter.

Backdoor IC won't work, I'm running full size radiator. Plus, I already have my fmic, and am out of funds. For the downpipe, I'm using the stock t25 o2 housing, and gonna just get local shop to make me a downpipe, which unfortunately won't be mandrel here either.

·
Registered
431 Posts
T25 with compressor on the driver's side:

(I know it is a crappy small pic, but, it is what it is.)

The issue I had with it was finding a filter that would fit in the space with the Hf manifold I was running. Intercooler piping was interesting.
this is the first time i've seen your motor matt....cool!!!
and I would have to say it wouldn't take much to make that think sparkle. if I lived closer by I would come over and make you work on it!!!!lol..:)
You need a MANIFOLD and a 50trim homie!!! ditch that hf choker!! you would see sooooo much better gains. btw I love the optima.. nice choice. that dohc needs a 300hp makeover... and a nice backdoor intercooler to compliment the turbo setup and reduce spool. cmon matt you know you want to! you need to start wupping up on some b-series. I gave you the blueprint now get to work!! lol...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts