Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simply put, is it ok to use used stock rods from another engine in my engine for a rebuild? I'll be using new P29 overbored pistons. Just wondering if the used rods from another engine are ok to use in my engine.

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean it'll be used ones from another z6. They're matching rods...just making sure I can take em out of another z6 and use them in my z6 or if something's wrong with that, that I don't know about.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Honestly if I was going to open up my bottom end I wouldn't toss used parts in. Thats just me. If our cars are like women, would you really want someone elses used dirty old rod in yours?

·
Screwy lewy in red
2005 Honda Accord LX
1,546 Posts
Well for reusing used engine parts under high stress and heat (valves, pistons rods etc) and not knowing when they make break or bend, Is like taking and wiping your ass with someone elses used toliet paper again thats full of hot shit. NASTY.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
11 Posts
While you can re-use rods from another motor, as they do not create a unique wear pattern (like a piston or valve would) you wouldn't be able to tell if they are still sound enough for usage. I'd go for new rods, unless the rods you are using are from a very low mileage motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts