Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Civic
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used Y8 head and I was wondering if I there is anything I should do to it before I throw it on. I am doing a mini-me swap. I am not going for anything special, just want to have a little more pep in my car. Should I get it checked out and cleaned and if so where would I do something like that?

thanks in advance,

Mike

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
yeah any machine shop just about.get them to check her out, flatness

·
Registered
1998 Civic
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well now I am concerned i looked at the head and it has P08-6 stamped on it but I can't find that head code anywhere. Also the head gasket I got was for an ex and it doesn't seem to line up correctly. I was told the head was from a 97 civic ex but i can't find the code anywhere. will this be able to go onto my 98 dx block?

thank you,

Mike

·
Registered
1992 Civic DX Hatch
586 Posts
I do not know what your level of ability is, but I would port and polish. if you have a block of metal about 1" square and about a foot long you can put a piece of 800 sandpaper on it and it will show you if the head is warped. The side of that bar you put the sand paper on has to be real flat though.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
I do not know what your level of ability is, but I would port and polish. if you have a block of metal about 1" square and about a foot long you can put a piece of 800 sandpaper on it and it will show you if the head is warped. The side of that bar you put the sand paper on has to be real flat though.
... huh? ive never heard of this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts