Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have Civic Breeze
1.5L Single Carby
1995 model
d15z2 if im correct

JUSt changed my plugs and Leads Discoverd oil in the plug cylinders :(
first time starting the car afta the change, plug in number 3 blew out??
well half did the treads still stuck in there

i also didnt over tightn the plugs

question 1
what caused this?
number 2
how do i get the plug tread out?

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
blowby... start pulling the motor for some rering action... also when you take the head off, you will be able to twist the spark plug out from the bottom of the head.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blow by
that would cause the oil
but not blowing the plug?

it dosent burn oil or anything at all
could just be a seal thats busted letiing oil in there?

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
dude, i want your car...baad...weird.

JDM? hell no son, thats straight ADM!!! awesome.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah as as aus spec as it gets just needa find out how 2 fix this
and how much coz if its expecncive just gunna swap engine but dont want 2 do that unless i reali have 2

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
^ thats going to be a tuff one. if there was a way to somehow grind a slit in the top of it and use a long handled screw driver to twist it out, and then take a magnet to pull it out..

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
yeah, take the safe route, pull the head, and unscrew it from the inside.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
re-ring? he has spark plug seals leaking around the valve cover, this is a d15 not a d16. Pull the head and throw a helicoil in there (or a time sert).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the seals im not worried about thats easy fixed just wanna no y i poped a plug
that way i dont do it again lol

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
the seals im not worried about thats easy fixed just wanna no y i poped a plug
that way i dont do it again lol
not allways a clear cut case as to why heads pop plugs, maybie the previous owner threaded the plug in sideways and never told you about it? could be a million things. You may want to shop around for a new head since it will be faster to install a new one than to fix the old one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
hmmm probly the best time to do fuel injection Vtec conversion
d16 maby mates been tryn 2 sell me one for 150 bucks with blown big end bearing and needs rings
comes with computer aswell

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
The oil could be because of bad spark plug cyl seals, that mount inside your valve cover, cheap fix. But the Spark plug problem is probably because someone Probably overtightened/stripped the threads in the head before you,(or you did :p) did a crappy repair and/or just threw another plug in, called it good, and the threads finally gave.

I would suggest getting a new head, you can heli-coil it all you want, but with an aliminum head its just a bandaid really. I "think" fords had a problem on the 150's a while back with them blowing plugs out of the engine on the new trucks! Heli-coil was the Factory recommended fix for recall work for a while....but it didnt last long till they just designed a new head. Learned about it in school...but that was over a year ago since i graduated

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
The oil could be because of bad spark plug cyl seals, that mount inside your valve cover, cheap fix. But the Spark plug problem is probably because someone Probably overtightened/stripped the threads in the head before you,(or you did :p) did a crappy repair and/or just threw another plug in, called it good, and the threads finally gave.

I would suggest getting a new head, you can heli-coil it all you want, but with an aliminum head its just a bandaid really. I "think" fords had a problem on the 150's a while back with them blowing plugs out of the engine on the new trucks! Heli-coil was the Factory recommended fix for recall work for a while....but it didnt last long till they just designed a new head. Learned about it in school...but that was over a year ago since i graduated
f150's had this issue but it was remedied quickly, my v10 f350 van is the one that blows plugs and they just helicoil them and send them on your merry way. I know somone who has had plugs pop out 5 times on the same cylinder allready.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
coz a faulty plug cause this?
and when i put new plugs in it never tightned it just keept spining it tighn a bit then go loose then tight then loose so i got it 2 the tightest point then left it.
maby the tread was stuffed??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts