Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry should add they give 8.8:1 cr with a 3mm headgasket with a 43cc combustion chamber on a dohc zc

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Use feeler gauges to meaure the ringlands. They're not stamped anywhere on the inside?

·
11,892 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
they are definitly not factory pistons, would have been built in 2001 (last owner)

No stamps at all if they were pm3 they would have be stamped

so id say at a guess non dished gives aprox 9:1 cr on a stock headgasket like a stock motor but forged ? cant be out of a sohc as would give a way lower cr in the dohc

·
11,892 Posts

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
they are definitly not factory pistons, would have been built in 2001 (last owner)

No stamps at all
how do you know there not factory if you see no marks on them?
they look like a normal piston from like a b7 or a6

·
11,892 Posts

No stamps at all if they were pm3 they would have be stamped

so id say at a guess non dished gives aprox 9:1 cr on a stock headgasket like a stock motor but forged ? cant be out of a sohc as would give a way lower cr in the dohc
I had forged srp's out of an a6 in my dohc zc.

And I agree with cervan and sleepy...PM3's.

·
11,892 Posts
wouldnt they have pm3 stamped on them? and they all machined up awsome just like a srp
If they were OEM yes. The could be aftermarket cast PM3's, in which case they wouldn't be stamped.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
if they are SRP's look for forged marks, if they are cast they are stock pm3 pistons trust me on this. And if they arent stock, they are aftermarket nippon or mahle pistons.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
the op should def be able to tell if they are forged or not... totally differnet looking material.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,425 Posts
NO way those will give 8.8:1 compression in a DOHC ZC head.

Need better pics and the numbers off the pistons.

·
11,892 Posts
NO way those will give 8.8:1 compression in a DOHC ZC head.

Need better pics and the numbers off the pistons.
I got 8.6:1 with a dished SRP A6 piston (dish was smaller than stock) in my DOHC ZC and the comp height of the PM3 is higher + no dish of the Pm3 = he should be good to go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts