Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '95 Del Sol Si that came with front and rear (non ABS)disc brakes. I'm picking up a set of complete DC(non ITR) front spindles Tuesday. Do I need to upgrade my MC/booster for this, or will new pads, rotors and fluid will be enough? The car is currently na and used as a weekend toy. May do some autocross in the future after finding out there are events a hour away.

·
Registered
237 Posts
If you have a 13/16" master cylinder I would recommend changing to a 15/16" from a 90-91 Civic EX. It will be completely plug and play on your booster/lines.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From the information that I've seen it should be the baby13/16th one. Lol thanks for the opinion guys.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Since the 90-91 15/16ths m/c is impossible to find used you can get one from any da Integra as long as you use the da Integra booster with it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since the 90-91 15/16ths m/c is impossible to find used you can get one from any da Integra as long as you use the da Integra booster with it.
Already sourced a mc locally, and just need to buy a booster. Fairly large import scene here in setx/houston area. Looks like I'll be able to get the front complete spindles, mc and booster for under $150.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would my brakes lines still line up on a DA setup? Trying to find that information; just in case.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Yes the lines fit no problem. The only thing you have to pay attention to is using the da booster with the da m/c because they are the opposite bolt pattern from the Civic.

I'd post a pic but the photobucket app is a piece of shit. Search my posts and you'll find it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes the lines fit no problem. The only thing you have to pay attention to is using the da booster with the da m/c because they are the opposite bolt pattern from the Civic.

I'd post a pic but the photobucket app is a piece of shit. Search my posts and you'll find it.
Yeah all b series are opposite from what I've read.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Most likely doing Centric Premium rotors; should I get refurbished calipers(Centric), new oem or aftermarket(Wilwood).

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Don't waste your money on wilwood. Do whatever you want as far as just using the calipers as is, rebuilding them yourself or buying remanufactured.

·
Registered
237 Posts
FWIW,

Cardone Master Cylinder - Remanufactured 11-2517: Shop the best Brake Master Cylinder at Advance Auto Parts

Also, it's really easy to rebuild calipers. The kits are only a few bucks each from the dealer.

Some CTR rears I did recently for the coupe project:

I just got a big box of hardware back from replating that has the parking brake hardware in it, hoping to get some time this weekend to finish putting them together.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
$80 for that remanufactured m / c and it doesn't come with the proper larger reservior. I got my da m/c for $ 20 from a kid parting out his da. Just depends if you want to look for a deal or not.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Fair enough, I'm sure you can find them for half that at rockauto or whatever, that was just the first place I thought to look. Parts stores are getting to be super inflated. I think I paid around $40 for one at Advance back in '07 or so. I'm just not a fan of putting 20+ year old used brake parts on a car, and it's a direct swap so there's no need for a booster.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Yes but then you also have to factor in the cost of a new or used reservoir which can be obtained from a Civic or Integra with abs. You wouldn't worry about replacing the 20 year old m/c in your car if you weren't upgrading the brakes, so whats the difference with a used one? Its just personal preference really.

Btw those 9clp14s look great, wish I could find some of those locally for cheap.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks man. I got lucky and snapped up a whole ctr rear assembly minus the trailing arms a few years ago. Stored it away knowing I wanted to do five lug eventually. Just got the rest back from powder coat last week too:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I appreciate all the input guys. Probably going to pick up some remans due to time restraint.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts