Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I just wanted to give a quick update on anyone interested in my 93 civic lx sedan build. I have a D16A and trans with 55k on the way from California to swap here in a couple weeks. I’m going to filming and posting pictures of the swap and will keep updating as I build. Any tips or advice for this swap would awesome as this is my first swap. So far all I have heard is that I might have to swap my distributor and alternator? I have some pics attached of the exact motor that I got. Thank you to any help out there or anyone interested in my car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just thought I would give an update just talked to a buddy over at speedfactory and if you ever wanna do this swap yourself you just need a conversion harness for distributor for OBD2 to OBD1. Hope this helps any future rookie builders like myself. Motor will be here in a couple days. Thanks again .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was honestly waiting for that question lol , I looked into any possible engine and trans combo deal or trying to find it separately for around 1500 including shipping because that’s what I have to spend. I have a lot more time on my hands due to everything going on with the covid BS, and I had 1500 to spend so I thought with my motor going tits up this would be a good time to swap it. And the non VTEC with trans is all I could find for under 1500 including shipping. Both have 57k so I thought it was better than what I have in it now. I could possibly throw on a z6 head and wire in VTEC later?

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,701 Posts
Y8 head would be best when you get around to VTEC. Basically what you ordered looks exactly like a Y8, intake manifold and everything, except the head doesn't have VTEC provisions.

That makes sense getting the trans as well, $1500 for both of them with 57k on them is a good deal. Well done shopping sir!

But I dont know if I believe that seller post's HP rating. A D16Y8 by itself was rated at 126 crank HP. If that engine combo really puts out 122 crank HP without VTEC, that's a badass engine, IF those numbers are accurate. If they are, putting a VTEC Y8 head on it should yield roughly 20-25 more hp. That would be a sick combo when you get around to it!

In either case, should be a fun setup once you get it all installed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts