Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As you know guys, I already upgrade my turbo old=turbonetics 50 trim, new= sc60.

Old injectors: 660 New injectors : 1000cc

I have been with a lot of problems to get this done,

I have to mod a little bit my dp, my wb o2 sensor broke and I could not get adjusted my map yet, my front bumper broke when one pipe popps out, cash flow issues, need to sell my crx roll cage to get one for my eg, need to get new ic bead roll piping from Greg etc, etc.

But now I got the 02 sensor replacement, need to get and paint the new bumper, and I´ll finish the adjustment on the map, and the ic piping has been custom bead roll with soldering.

I´ll be tunning on E85 and turning up the boost to 25 psi, trying to get into the low 11´s or high 10´s.

I´m a little frustrated because this upgrade has been problematic but, whatever, I´m gonna finish this , you bet.

So wish me luck and patience.

And if you rep me, the force will be with me, LOL

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I´ll post pics with the new snail on the car, and the broken bumper

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
looking good man. you still wanna do this trade up for the jumper harness? lemmi kno.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
nice man i cant wait for pics and new numbers

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for your support guys, I wish to have the skills that many of you have to finish this ASAP.

In fact somethimes I think, that I should wait for the upgrades, this year I jump from 13´s to 12´s to 11´s, and now I´m trying to get into the 10´s.

But whatever, boost is like drugs, and now , I´m adicted to boost, LOL

Tomorrow , pics of the bitch

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Very nice, 10's should be doable if the compressor surge isn't bad. Nice upgrades, nonetheless, good luck.

what are you talking about.. should be able to do 10's if compressor surge isnt bad?? lol umm ok

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
compressor surge is when the compressed air gets "backed up" in the intake tract or engine. typically, this happends when the TB blade closes and the air has no where to go. this is the reason for a BOV.

now there are instances where the turbo "barks", cause the air simply has no where left to go cause the air is simply not moving fast enough through the engine (the bark sound is the air being firced back through the compressor inlet). this is where reading a compressor map comes into play.

the big frame turbos are not going to see this problem on I4 honda engines, as the shaft speeds will not be high enough for the compressor to outflow the engine. its the medium frame and hybrid (small and med combos) turbos that will see this the most on a I4 honda engine. as they WILL be spinning near the surge limit of the turbo. again, this is where reading a map and plotting it comes into play.

the SC60 should not have compressor surge on a d16.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
compressor surge is when the compressed air gets "backed up" in the intake tract or engine. typically, this happends when the TB blade closes and the air has no where to go. this is the reason for a BOV.

now there are instances where the turbo "barks", cause the air simply has no where left to go cause the air is simply not moving fast enough through the engine (the bark sound is the air being firced back through the compressor inlet). this is where reading a compressor map comes into play.

the big frame turbos are not going to see this problem on I4 honda engines, as the shaft speeds will not be high enough for the compressor to outflow the engine. its the medium frame and hybrid (small and med combos) turbos that will see this the most on a I4 honda engine. as they WILL be spinning near the surge limit of the turbo. again, this is where reading a map and plotting it comes into play.

the SC60 should not have compressor surge on a d16.
well put, learn new stuff everyday.

also, alot of hondas have some comp surge, especially during the burn out on alot of the really fast cars. you can also adjust the bov if you have an adjustable BOV.. comp surge can bring down spool time during shifts if its really bad, because the turbine is spinning the opposite way, counter clockwise. but he wont have neproblems hitting 10's if he has good seat time. im almost 10's and i still have an open diff, and stock head.. ;-) he should be good to go

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
also, alot of hondas have some comp surge, especially during the burn out on alot of the really fast cars.
just for clarification: thats not full on compressor surge or surge from the turbo being the wrong size. its the fact that your not creating vac (remember what your doing with your foot;)) to open the BOV, the BOV "system" is reactive not proactive.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well put, learn new stuff everyday.

also, alot of hondas have some comp surge, especially during the burn out on alot of the really fast cars. you can also adjust the bov if you have an adjustable BOV.. comp surge can bring down spool time during shifts if its really bad, because the turbine is spinning the opposite way, counter clockwise. but he wont have neproblems hitting 10's if he has good seat time. im almost 10's and i still have an open diff, and stock head.. ;-) he should be good to go
I need more seat time, this is a fact, but I´ll put all my efforts to reach my goal.

I have been very busy at work, and do not have time yet to finish the figth against the bugs, but I´ll kill all of them.

I just realize yesterday that the fucking popps out of the couplers not just brof my bumper, the pipe hit the hood and now the paint is cracked, damn :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I need more seat time, this is a fact, but I´ll put all my efforts to reach my goal.

I have been very busy at work, and do not have time yet to finish the figth against the bugs, but I´ll kill all of them.

I just realize yesterday that the fucking popps out of the couplers not just brof my bumper, the pipe hit the hood and now the paint is cracked, damn :popcorn:
at least its not
THAT big a deal. the cars still like 5 colors :hitit:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts