Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 CRX with a Z6 swap. I am planning a base Greddy turbo kit.

Here's my problem, I compete heavily in dB Drag Street classes and am forced to have one enormous battery under the hood. The battery is a Northstar NSB90. It sits cocked sort of sideways in the factory location. The front touches the fan shround, nearly clips the dizzy on the side, and touches the shock tower under the hood on the passenger side. I also have eight 1/0 power/ ground wire runs to the rear.

Will the Greddy kit clear this ridiculous battery? :confused:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I can't do either. For dB Drag the battery must remain under the hood to be legal.:( If I try to use a smaller battery, the amps go into voltage protect instantly.

Im just curious if any if the Greddy parts are going to interfere with the battery.:confused:

The battery is 8" x 6" x 13.4" and weighs 85 pounds.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
I'm sure you can figure something out if you use custom charge piping. You may have to use 2" or 2.25" pipe rather than the more common 2.5". Just see where you have room and plan it out.

Pics would help

·
Registered
705 Posts
conclusive said:
Im just curious if any if the Greddy parts are going to interfere with the battery.:confused:
If one person can't get there custom piping to barely work, then I'm pretty sure your set-up won't work at all. Get up some pictures and compare them to other peopls pictures with turbo set-ups. Check the clearences and you will find out what you can do, or what you will have to do to make it work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts