Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to swap an automatic D16Z6 into a '91 CRX (currently has an automatic D15B2)? What are some of the hurdles to overcome?

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
CRX
1,475 Posts
Are you asking about swapping the d16z6 auto tranny and engine?

I thinlk it is possible, here are just a few things off the top:

OBD1/mpfi swap, ecu, distributor, mounts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
a z6 tranny won't fit in a EF unless you use some custom brackets, I'm pretty sure of that, I could be wrong though.

but you can easily put a z6 motor in a EF. Look for my write-up ;-)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So this is pretty much uncharted territory, I'm assuming. Why won't the Z6 auto tranny fit? Like, where is the interference? Would it be possible to just use the auto tranny currently on the B2?

Could you elaborate on the complications regarding the MPFI (how would this be a problem if I use the ECU that came with the Z6), where I might find someone to make up an ECU harness or perhaps some pin-out diagrams, what complications there are regarding the distributor, and (assuming I stick the auto tranny currently mated to the B2) what mounts I would need? I thought all the d-series engines were interchangeable.

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
CRX
1,475 Posts
So this is pretty much uncharted territory, I'm assuming. Why won't the Z6 auto tranny fit? Like, where is the interference? Would it be possible to just use the auto tranny currently on the B2?

Could you elaborate on the complications regarding the MPFI (how would this be a problem if I use the ECU that came with the Z6), where I might find someone to make up an ECU harness or perhaps some pin-out diagrams, what complications there are regarding the distributor, and (assuming I stick the auto tranny currently mated to the B2) what mounts I would need? I thought all the d-series engines were interchangeable.
1. Yes it would be possible to use the b2 trans
2. Your vehicle is wired up for obd0/dpfi (2 injectors)
3. I am sure that there are a few wirteups in here on the ecu harness and wiring
4. My bad, I didn't think of the z6 coming with distributor
5. Need to swap the front engine mount (@ the timing belt) from your b2 to the z6

That is all I can probably help you out with since I have never done this kind of swap, Just do some more searching is all I can say... :dots:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts