Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading about how people been routing there vacuum lines but I'm still unsure about how to run mine. My valve cover doesnt have any kind of venting on it so what do i need to do? The only venting I have comes off my intake manifold and runs down to the EG box on the back side of the block. Pics of setups and suggestions would be awesome.

·
Banned
598 Posts
what valve cover doesn't have a vac port on it...?

are you naturally aspirated or boosted...?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a fully built d16z6 from a 93 civic. I'm wanting to know where to run all my vacuum lines for my catch can to keep it all under vacuum.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
It should have a port on it if it's a z6 in the top left corner of the valve cover if your facing the front of the car.If it really doesnt have one you could make one or just vent the block.

Disconnect the line runing from the pcv valve to the intake manifold,block off the intake manifold port,run the line from the pcv valve (after you gut the valve) to the catch can.If it's a sealed catch can run a line from the can to your pre turbo intake.If it's a vented can leave it like that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do I need to do anything the box on the back of the block or is that fine as is? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Nope,you don't need to do anything to the box.The pcv valve is connected to the black box,so just running a line from the pcv valve is fine.Just make sure you take apart the inside of the pcv valve.

There are lots of other ways but this is the most simple way

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright cool. Thanks for the help. Hope to have the car to dyno by end of May begin of June.

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
might as well take out the pcv valve and that old cruddy hose. buy some hose from napa and run it from the nipple on the black box to your catch can.

i would run it open vent, as i do on my setup :)

if you are going to run it under vaccume, make sure when you plumb into your turbos intake to put a slash cut tube in there to get some real suction.

you could do the same with your exhaust flow (a slash cut tube to create vaccume) and save your motor and fuel from the oil fumes too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts