Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey D-Series.org! I am new to these forums. I know there are thousands of threads about Idle problems but I think I have a somewhat unique problem on my hands. I want to try to figure it out with you guys first before I take it to a mechanic.

So my car is all stock. Auto d16y8. On cold start the idle will be between 1500rpm - 2000rpm. But after a while of driving and I shut off the car but turn it on the idle sometimes goes to about 300rpm and it will stay there. So I bought a new IACV from Rockauto and now it will randomly shut off immediately after starting. The idle won't go down and the adjusting screw is all the way turned clockwise. Help?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,034 Posts
bleed coolant? idle relearn? vacuum leak?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont hear any vacuum leaks but may be. I guess i should give bleeding the coolant a try. And how would i do an idle relearn?

·
Registered
92dx-turbo 92cx-pimp
89 Posts
the oring good on the iacv and gasket? check the port on the tb to the iacv on the outside of the butterfly there should be a small port hole to the iacv make sure its clear of debris, and check your throttle cable tention

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The new iacv came with a new gasket. Ok i'll check the port hole. Throttle cable is a bit tight. Would that affect anything?

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Adjust throttle cable so it has some flex before opening then adjust the base idle

Photo Credit: RonJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts