Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok when i install my 19mm rear sway bar does it suppose to understeer?Because i thought it suppose to oversteer but it doesn't.

I have no front sway bar just to let yall know.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i have no front sway bar just the rear that is a 19mm.

on skunk2 coilover sleeve,agx adjustable setting is at 3 front and 6 rear so its pretty stiff in the front.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
It will create the possibility for oversteer based on the bar alone, but i don't think it's gonna be a problem. I had a 17mm bar in my Civic and it rarely swung out on me unless it was snowy or icy. But that is an environmental influence.

·
Registered
86 Posts
meh all in the driving I've got a 90 std hatch, no swaybars at all I can get all sorts of tail happy trail braking.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I do backflips and 720's in my car on the daily.

it's all stock I just got driving lessons from chuck norris.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
The tires, spring rates, and corner weights will all have an effect on a sway bar's effectiveness. It will transfer more load, but that does not always mean the car will oversteer. The damper adjustments for rebound and bump also have an effect, but that's over my head.

If you want more oversteer, you're on the right track. The more rear roll resistance you have, the more likely it is that the rear end will slide.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Holy smokes folks. Okay here we go:
1) for a FWD civic you'll want stiffer shock settings in the rear than the front.
REASON: you need to trail brake a FWD, therefore you need the body to "dive" when you hammer the brakes to send all the momentum forward. you want stiffer rear so that when you exit a corner the car won't "squat" and send its momentum to the back, which causes understeer. Following me?
now notice i said "stiffer than the front". All this means you don't want to have the stiffest in the rear (lol....) and softest in front.
2) when you stiffen a shock absorber you increase not only the "Bound" but also the "Rebound" setting. bound is when the shock body squishes together. rebound is when it springs apart back to its "normal" static state. so having any setting too hard will cause the vehicle to "skip" or "jump" when you hit a bump. Unless you have a trailer queen, and even then you have to contend with the apex "rumble strips" at a racetrack.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I do backflips and 720's in my car on the daily.

it's all stock I just got driving lessons from chuck norris.
I've always wanted to do backflips, can you show me the secret? I jus never seem to be able to find slow moving ramp like trucks when i'm driving

1 - 14 of 14 Posts