Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 D16a6 blocks, 1 D15z1, and 2 D16z6 complete blocks sitting in my shed. I am planning on dropping one of these into my crx(dpi). I know i have to rewire if I put any of these in there. are their any advantages over the others. I am pretty sure the D15z1 is going to get chucked out or I might save it for when gas here goes over $4.00 for 87!

Any insight would be appreciated.

goals in mind.

250-300 dd but 450+ on weekend runs.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
"use the z6", that is what most will say. i say go for the a6.

a6 = big ports
z6 = vtec

different compression heights (pistons), other then that no real difference.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just can't decide. I really not a fan of cross pollinating so to speak. I like my vtec motors vtec, and non with non. just makes it easier for me to fix if i do something stupid.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
The bottom end parts are all easy to find for both motors. I think the main difference i've noticed is that most cams for the a6 are regrinds whereas you can get new z6 cams fairly easy. I dunno about valvetrain for an a6, never looked into it when i had mine. Z6 you can run obd1 which offers better tuning though.

·
Registered
882 Posts
In a rex I'd vote the a6

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think i will leave it a complete a6. not a fan of turning no vtec blocks into vtec'd ones. I know a lot of people don't have problems with them. I just like having 1 book if something happens.

·
i save your ass when you wreck
6,693 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts