Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Civic
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ef hatchback that has been sittin for about a year and a half, but its still in pretty good shape(will post pics later). It has a 98 y8 motor,skunk 2 manifold, i/h/e, msd distributor,blaster 2 coil,B&m fuel pressure regulator & si tranny. I have about 2k to spend,my boy wants to sell me a b16 for $1500. Should buy the b16 or should i just use the 2k on what i already have????

·
Registered
1988 CRX
544 Posts
I'd agree with going boosted for that budget, for maximum performance/budget. Head over to the forced induction section of this forum, and research. Research, research, research. And oh yeah, did I mention research? There's a LOT to know, and alot has been covered. The search feature is your friend. :yes:

·
Registered
123 Posts
2k will get you more power in the y8 than you could get out of the b16. just remember to save money for the tune. also buy as much as you can used dont buy the knock off stuff (except for intercooler and piping) save yourself the headache

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Well, everything you could ever possibly need to know about boosting a D is right here. Just read up!

·
Registered
1988 CRX
544 Posts
Plus, with a boosted D, you can have bragging rights when you shit all over the B series kids. :yes:

·
Registered
Civic
9 Posts
with that 2 grand you could add to the Y8 and smash a b16, i had b16 was my first project got it to rap out at 10k had 12grand under the hood and then it couldnt go any farther and by that point i was getting my ass kicked by b18's with a D series it seems like the possibility are endless as long as you can pay for it, LS motors and B series in general have a very inconvinient power max especialy when its so expensive to get them there in the first place

1 - 9 of 9 Posts