Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: Slightly upset. READ POST #8!!

Ordered last Tuesday. Got here this Tuesday! It's a bone stock 92-95 EX/Si.
And man is this thing pretty!!! All new brackets and a reverse switch! They packaged it fine by me.
I got a 10% discount for being a Honda-tech member. And got the internet shipping price which was $32 less then I was quoted over the phone. Trans cost $535 plus $118 for UPS ground shipping from Cali to NH.
Total cost $652 and I have to ship them back a core, but they even pay for the return shipping!!

And yeah, my garage is carpeted. =]

Anyways here's the vid:

Unboxing a Synchrotech Honda D-series Transmission - YouTube

Reactions: slowturbocx

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts
so your telling her thats not a NOS port LOL. jk mad clean, but thats a ton of money for a tranny ill be rebuilding mine in a month or two.

·
Registered
my Skateboard
1,945 Posts
Syncrotech is good shit! You wont be dissapointed.. And lovin them bolts bling bling!! Panky rang worth bout fiddy blang blang!

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Damn those bolts look nice!

Reactions: jeremy85

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Wait a mutha fuckin minute.... All of a sudden I'm not so happy.
Please tell me they can magically put the EX gears in a DX box.

Reactions: owneyboy

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
dude... They Can, I think, But its a lot of work unless you have parts. So I am going to say maybe, but I'm not sure...

Like they COULD

But Idk if you should I think The FD might have to be different..

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
White speed sensor gear means 3.77 FD. IIRC
Black is 4.25, which is my desire.

That's what made me check the tag, I was watching the vid of my daughter again when I realized that gear should be black.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
That's not a 92-95 case ether, its a 96-00

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,940 Posts
Idk much of anything about transmissions but I'd wait for bone to chime in before you freak out...

And btw, depending on what they claim they replaced, the price didn't seem TOO bad...

When Chris was still doing trans work, he rebuilt my A6 Si trans for right around that price and it was pretty fubar'd( granted, I didn't have to send a core)

Edit: if they indeed f**k up, I'd ask for compensation like not having to send a core in in addition to them getting you the right trans and covering all the shipping.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,570 Posts
LX tranny

The E5F is an S40 LX 1996-2000 and the E7F is the DX 3 door S40 1996-2000. They are the same except the FD ratio. The E5F has a 4.06 FD and the E7F has a 3.72 ratio FD.
Dave's cleaner setup ROCKS, those are not new parts.

I'm not happy with the packing though.

Contact Dave about the tranny.

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I'm not tweaking. Just a very bummed. Gonna set me more than a week back. I'm sure they just grabbed the wrong one off the shelf. Simple enough mistake. It just sucks my daily will be down that much longer.

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just got off the phone with Dave.
He said the B000 case was bad, so they swapped it for A000 case.
So he says I have a 35 mm case(instead of 40mm) with EX gearing, he swears the final drive is 4.25.
I was thinking of bench testing each gear to verify the ratios of each gear.
Necessary? or should I take his word? Thoughts please. =\

On a very high note, he did say if I wanted to I could send it back and he would supply me with the exact trans I ordered. Very stand up of him. Good rep right there all the way!! I would rather just keep it and install asap if the gears are exactly what I desire, which is the stock EX gearing.

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
White speed sensor gear means 3.77 FD. IIRC
Black is 4.25, which is my desire.

That's what made me check the tag, I was watching the vid of my daughter again when I realized that gear should be black.
Bone, can you verify this? I swear I read that somewhere before.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts