Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some of you might have seen my z6 N/A buildup.. 12:1cr fully built.

anyhow. im thinking of trying something different on a project engine..
lemme know what you think...

D16z6
JE 10.5:1 Pistons
Eagle H-Beam Rods/Crower I-Beam Rods (unsure which one to go with right now)
JRSC
my custom 63mm TB
JG Edelbrock 4-2-1 1 piece header
B&M FPR w/ guage
Crower stg 2 (maybe 3)
Crower springs
Crower .5mm oversize valves
Crower retainers
Stage 2 P&P
ARP Rod Bolts
ARP Head Bolts
MSD 6A Ignition
Hondata S200
410cc injectors

suggestions.. ideas?
i figure with proper tuning, this thing could be a beast around 300 reliable whp

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh I would love to see that dyno slip, after u build

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
92SIvic said:

D16z6
JRSC
my custom 63mm TB
B&M FPR w/ guage
Crower stg 2 (maybe 3)
Crower springs
Crower retainers
Stage 2 P&P
ARP Rod Bolts
ARP Head Bolts
MSD 6A Ignition
Hondata S200
410cc injectors

suggestions.. ideas?
i figure with proper tuning, this thing could be a beast around 300 reliable whp
I'm not really a fan of Super Chargers, but it sounds good. Get a "turbo" cam instead or stick with the stock cam. A Crower stage 2 and definitly a stage 3 will have to much overlap and you will be wasting boost. And get a 4-1 header instead.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hes just saying u didnt list those two, i think its a nice setup. i love higer compression motors with a little boost, with the right tuning i think youll be fine for around 8psi, i wouldent push it to much but i think with that compression and 8psi ull be plenty happy.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Probably goin to get bashed for this...BUT

With that much power, you'd better sleeve to be safe. Do it right the first time and don't skimp out...I don't trust stock sleeves much past 250 whp.

Go ahead and bash me...:p

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
90zcrx said:
Probably goin to get bashed for this...BUT

With that much power, you'd better sleeve to be safe. Do it right the first time and don't skimp out...I don't trust stock sleeves much past 250 whp.

Go ahead and bash me...:p
A quality block guard would make t his setup more secure....

·
Registered
636 Posts
300 is wat to high i think !.. maybe 220-240 somthing like that seems abit more reel

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
who makes sleeve kits for a d series?

if i where to do this right. id definatly get the block re-sleeved and bored to something bigger. like 1.7 or even 1.8...

block guards have a tendancy of ovalizing the stock sleeves.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
boring can't be done too much with D's though....right? I would think the sleeving would help, but still...there's not much there to begin with.

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
92SIvic said:

D16z6
JRSC
my custom 63mm TB
B&M FPR w/ guage
Crower stg 2 (maybe 3)
Crower springs
Crower retainers
Stage 2 P&P
ARP Rod Bolts
ARP Head Bolts
MSD 6A Ignition
Hondata S200
410cc injectors

suggestions.. ideas?
300 whp is a looooooooooong reach with a JRSC, in fact, i think it is impossible with a D. In my opinion, the only way you would come near that is adding nitrous to this equation.
1. the intake air temps would be through the roof at the boost necessary to make 300 whp w/ that type of blower
2. There is not a pulley small enough to drive that thing fast enough to make the boost you need
3. the blower would disintegrate at those speeds anyway.

If you insist on the JRSC, I think you should sleeve it to 79mm w/ o-ringed cyl. tops, set up an aquamist system, and use a NX nitrous system and enjoy the 260-270 whp and GOBS of tork you would have...plus you would def have the most powerful JRSC'd d-series in the world.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
so should i try a different blower? its just that i got a line-up on an awesome deal on a JRSC..
you don't think i can get 300whp w/ 10.5:1 cr and the jrsc?
i've seen simular setups on b-series.. and that d-series posted above... i think it can be done with proper tuning and a bullit-proof block.

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
92SIvic said:
so should i try a different blower? its just that i got a line-up on an awesome deal on a JRSC..
you don't think i can get 300whp w/ 10.5:1 cr and the jrsc?
i've seen simular setups on b-series.. and that d-series posted above... i think it can be done with proper tuning and a bullit-proof block.
well, i look at it like this; sohc vtec with a JRSC usually put out about 140 whp- you are looking for 160 more wheel hp with maybe 6 or so psi atop the boost number it took for the 145 + a point higher compression...the blower just is not made to make more than that total number of psi, maybe 12 psi max...the pulley can only get so small and that thing can only spin so fast---

also, a bone stock b16 with a JRSC @ 6 psi is making 190 whp off the bat! Much easier for these guys to hit 300.

sooooo- this said, i must mention that I LOVE the jrsc. I love belt driven roots blowers period. Centrifugal blowers are silly. So, you'll have the awesome benefits of the instant torque of the JRSC, but will unfortunately be a bit overbuilt for it. Hey, nothing wrong with that and you will be squeezing the most you can out of the JRSC.

Just for reference-
JG Pro Series z6 with 79mm pistons (1.8 liter), Saenz rods, JG Pro Series head with 85VT35 camshaft, Motec M4 with 550cc injectors, Jackson racing supercharger running that 9 PSI boost. This car went 11.9-

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
okay.. looks like i did over-shoot the hp limit.. but DAMN those are nice fairly even numbers for a honda.. 167tq!!!
looks like i found my next project.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts