Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, weird. Yesterday, i was letting my car come up to par on the temp. chillinh idling.....next thing you know i see a cloud of smoke so i instantly turn the car off...start it back up...nothing, no smoke.....ive driven the car prolly 50 miles since then no smoke. Im sitting outside like....10min ago letting it warm up again....all of a sudden smoke...so i rev the bitch up...smoke goes away....and just comes back when it feels like it, only when its idling.....WTF??????? and its coming right out my open down pipe....Turbo seals finally going????? anyone got a clue??
engine is d16Y7 bottom with vitaras, srm rods, with a Z6 head. in my 95 coupe. any ideas where to start first? im gonna go make a video soon as the camera charges just to show ya what i mean......if it gets to dark, ill do that tomarrow.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blueish i think.... I just drove like 5miles with stop lights, didnt smoke 1 time....wtf

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts
^^^ i was thinking the seals....

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i am running a function 7 restrictor, ive had that since day 1., if the turbo seal goes its gonna smoke full time isnt it, so has to be in the head, guess its time to build the head.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
blue smoke = valve seals
Blue smoke = oil burning

oil burning after prolonged idle = valve seals or guides most likely

It's possible, but unlikely, that the oil rings are worn and allowing excess oil into the chamber, but at speed it's such a small ammount you don't see it. Usually oil rings gone = smoke screen from Spy Hunter.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah oil rings "should" be fine, only 8-9k miles on the build. im just gonna order everything needed to build the entire head tonight, ive been putting it off, now i have to

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
With a turbo build up or any high performance build up, it's a good idea to replace these items (i always do if i have the cash) but i think you know that now and i feel like an asshole. Hooray for insomnia!

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah im on the search now for a kit with everything.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well mine does not smoke at all when im driving it, only has smoked twice....and its when i was just sitting and idleing for over 5 min.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the charge piping has a lil bit of oil right off the turbo thats it, nto much at all, the cool side behind FMIC has none. Gonna pull the down pipe off tomarrow check an see if oil is in that, im thinking its the turbo seal. dunno though. its a T3/t04e 57t china turbo... Ive got over 10k miles on the bitch, no problems so far.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts