Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive been noticing my car seems to be missing a low rpm, usually when im taking off and theres a good load on the car. well today i was cruising and smoke started coming out of my vents. i immediately shut the car down and popped the hood. no smoke or anything, overflow was at a good level...
but i noticed that the breather on the VC was spewing a lot more oil than usual, and when i pulled the oil fill cap off there was smoke coming from under the VC. i checked the oil level and it seemed fine, didnt look diluted or anything. i get the feeling i may have cracked a ringland or im having HG issues. anyone have any insight on this?

after i restarted my car, i got on it hard to see if there was any smoke from the tailpipe, and there was quite a bit of blue smoke. obviously im burning oil, im thinking my motor doesnt like me much right now...

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
9295EJ-t said:
i think you are experiencing some pre detonation! sucks... it'll prolly last another month or so on casual driving.. you might have lost a piece of one of your pistons...
it happens in vacuum though, and usually when im not even hard on the throttle. i think its past the point of pre-detonation. most likely going to pull the head this weekend and find out for sure

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
9295EJ-t said:
well.. i had this problem, and it turned out to be a melted piston...

i hope it isnt this bad for you....
haha, i hope not either. mine only sounds like a subbie at low rpms. other than that it sounds just fine. its just not it started smoking...

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts
boxer motor noises, coming from a honda=baaaaaaaaaad! ha ha.. ya... you lost a piston... you might wanna check you injectors as well.. but i wouldnt count on it being that... you are prolly gonna need a new motor...

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
9295EJ-t said:
boxer motor noises, coming from a honda=baaaaaaaaaad! ha ha.. ya... you lost a piston... you might wanna check you injectors as well.. but i wouldnt count on it being that... you are prolly gonna need a new motor...
no rebuild??

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
LMK throw a motor together for ya!

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts
you might be able to rebuild it, but chances are, if it detonated, there is damage to the cylinder wall..

check your spark plugs.. the misfiring problem COULD be an ignition problem, or fuel flow related problem..

when my injectors decided to take a poo, it sounded like a boxer until 3000rpm..

·
Registered
946 Posts
my motor sounded like that when I melted a piston as well!
Don't drive it!
you will tear up your cyl walls and rebuilding it will be tougher.

just do a compression test, that should be good enough to tell you..
you probably wont even need a leakdown.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ehh, im gonna pull the head this weekend just to check it out. like i said, good thing i didnt sell that sohc zc. it will be going in along with my z6 IM and GSR TB :TU:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts