Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick run down I basically sold the wrong cam over the net.

I had both a Y8 & Z6 head with crower stg 3 cams. The Z6 I had ported and valve job yadda yadda... I just just and shipped out the Z6 cam :hammer:

So I'm left with a ported Z6 head, stock Y8 head and a crower stg 3 Y8 cam.

soooo.....how fucked am I?

Can I drop the Y8 cam into the Z6 head? I know if fits but will it run?

Does this f up the dizzy since the key slot is off?

I have a Z6 adj timing gear. So where would I have to set it to be at "0" on a Y8 cam?

Thinking I may sell the Z6 head and get the Y8 done up. I'd really hate to think I just spent $1300 on a head I can't use...

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,870 Posts
yea thats right... how do you know you shipped the z6 cam??? do you know the difference betwen z6 and y8 cams??? z6 cams the lobes are pressed onto the shaft while the y8 cam is all 1 piece

·
Registered
eg hatch
689 Posts
y cant u get the z6 cam back? if u put the wrong one in would he want the one he paid for and all??? if not i mihgt have a spare z6 cam laying around here....

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think some of you are missing the point. I sold the Z6 cam. That IS what he wanted. No I cannot get it back. WTF kind of a person would sell something then ask for it back?!?!

I know I shipped the Z6 cam because I'm not a dumbass I can read the part #'s on the box!

These are not stock cams I do not want your old Z6 cam. These (both the Z6 and Y8 ) were Crower stage 3 cams.

I thought I had sent the Y8 head off to the head shop for work. I actually sent the Z6 head.

all I want to know is what offset I need to use to correct for timing and are there any other potential problem I'm not seeing.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,870 Posts
its 4.5 like stated above.. no there will be no problems.. i ran a y8 race cam with a stock z6 cam gear.. couldnt get it to stop spinning the tires.. all the way through 3rd... i just ran it a tooth advanced but since the keyway is off it was only at like 5-6 somethin degrees advanced

·
Registered
eg hatch
689 Posts
o- ok lol i was thinking that u shipped off the z6 cam by mistake and all, instead of the y8

aight man, nm

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey, I'm newer here, but I've been reading now for a pretty good amount of time. Here's the scoop.... the y8 sits at 4.5* off from the z6. The best I can offer you is to see if I end up using my Crower stage 1 cam. I know it's not the stage 3 and all, but if I don't use it in the engine build I am starting, then I never will. I bought it for a auto-x engine I built, so it does run and DID run well. The offer is yours and yours alone if ya take it, but you will have to keep in touch. I am very forgetful and may not remember who I sent this too. If I don't need it, we'll figure out shipping and that's the only cost. thanks.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Or you could just use a y8 cam gear!
Interesting....for some reason that seems so simple....too simple.

I'll look into that.

So basically this is no different than using a Z6 cam gear on a complete Y8 build correct?

Thanks all

1 - 10 of 10 Posts