Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMFG!!!!!!!!! That was the absolute biggest robbery I've ever seen watching mma for about 4-5 years now. That was almost as bad as the steelers vs seahawk superbowl. Unfucking believable. Rua dominated Layoto. Take away Layoto's kicks, have great counters, clinch, Rua did all of this. completely picked about layoto's game. Fucking bullshit that Layoto won.

Layoto obviously has friends in high places, so sick of everyone on layotos nuts.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
Why was Dana White freaking out about the undercard??
He was saying the ref should never do another fight??
I did'nt watch the event, I usualy go to my cousins but he was sick?

·
noob
95 Civic Coupe
2,012 Posts
ya shogun won that fight hands down! There was like 10 people at my friends house and after they gave the results everyone was speechless!

·
Black Dynamite
1991 HONDA Civic
5,880 Posts
Kyokushin kaikan (極真会館?) is a style of stand-up, full contact karate, founded in 1964 by Masutatsu Oyama (大山倍達, Ōyama Masutatsu?) who was born under the name Choi Yong-I (최영의). Kyokushinkai is Japanese for "the society of the ultimate truth." Kyokushin is rooted in a philosophy of self-improvement, discipline and hard training. Its full contact style has had international appeal (practitioners have over the last 40+ years numbered more than 12 million[1][2][3]).

Kyokushin has influenced many of the "full-contact" schools of karate, emphasizing realistic combat, physical toughness, and practicality in its training curriculum. The Knockdown karate competition system pioneered by kyokushin has been adopted by many different karate styles and organizations. Other martial arts organizations have "spun-off" from Kyokushin over the years, with some adding additions, such as grappling techniques, but continuing with the same philosophy of realistic and practical

Same reason GSP keeps wining........

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shogun didn't do shit...Ya'll need to read up on Kyokushin karate those muthfucka train with trees and shit. Loyoto Hit Shogun in the face more times than Shogun hit him. Getting hit in the body or legs really doesn't count unless it causes injury
please don't tell me your serious. did you see layoto's face and legs at the end. shogun countered so many times and threw knee's up against cage. I really don't give a shit how layoto trains he lost that fight.

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No way shogun did nothing impressive to me can't leave it in the hands of the judges it shogun was so great he should have ko or tko
yes, he did not finish. but you have to give it to him as taking apart his style. He punished his legs and layoto was helpless. Regardless if it was impressive or not anyone that says Shogun didn't win that, regardless of cool points, is bias. Then Griffen should have won some fights.

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
i just watched the fight and i can honestly say that should not have been a unanimous decision... i think the only round machida won was MAYBE the 3rd in which he had a flurry towards the end.. but on that same not rua was countering everything he was being hit with.

with the whole you have to take the belt to get the belt.. thats bullshit.. if thats the case then it should go until somebody wins and not be left in the judges hands

machidas fighting style wasnt to win, it was just to not get beat... imo that alone shows he didnt deserve the win. that goes in the same boat as saying that the belt "must be taken"

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
OMFG!!!!!!!!! That was the absolute biggest robbery I've ever seen watching mma Unfucking believable. Rua dominated Layoto. Take away Layoto's kicks, have great counters, clinch, Rua did all of this. completely picked about layoto's game. Fucking bullshit that Layoto won.

Layoto obviously has friends in high places, so sick of everyone on layotos nuts.
the above statements say it all IMO

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
i just watched the fight and i can honestly say that should not have been a unanimous decision... i think the only round machida won was MAYBE the 3rd in which he had a flurry towards the end.. but on that same not rua was countering everything he was being hit with.

with the whole you have to take the belt to get the belt.. thats bullshit.. if thats the case then it should go until somebody wins and not be left in the judges hands

machidas fighting style wasnt to win, it was just to not get beat... imo that alone shows he didnt deserve the win. that goes in the same boat as saying that the belt "must be taken"
yes, if this is the case forest grifen shouldn't have one the belt. He pretty much did the same thing to rampage. I believe machida was fighting to win, but Rua did such a good job with countering, pressing the action, legs kicks especially. I'm not going to jump on the rua bandwagon, but I was really impressed with the way he fights. For a fighter to come up with a game plan like this and then execute it so well.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
i agree that rua got alot of shots in but he was just spinning and kicking all night. layoto is a very calm fighter. he takes his time and hits hard when he does. he showed more technical skill. rua just kept kicking, not really making any combinations. as far as damage...... layoto looked pretty good at the end besides the bruise on his side. but again i think rua faught a damn good fight but he had a plan worked out to make layoto helpless and counter his style..... then just stood there tapping layotos hand the whole time. he should have went after him. it was a pretty boring fight.

·
Registered
28 Posts
OMFG!!!!!!!!! That was the absolute biggest robbery I've ever seen watching mma for about 4-5 years now. That was almost as bad as the steelers vs seahawk superbowl. Unfucking believable. Rua dominated Layoto. Take away Layoto's kicks, have great counters, clinch, Rua did all of this. completely picked about layoto's game. Fucking bullshit that Layoto won.

what was wrong wit the steelers seahawks game? steelers r the best football team ever and we got the bowls to prove it!!!!!!!!

·
Black Dynamite
1991 HONDA Civic
5,880 Posts
i agree that rua got alot of shots in but he was just spinning and kicking all night. layoto is a very calm fighter. he takes his time and hits hard when he does. he showed more technical skill. rua just kept kicking, not really making any combinations. as far as damage...... layoto looked pretty good at the end besides the bruise on his side. but again i think rua faught a damn good fight but he had a plan worked out to make layoto helpless and counter his style..... then just stood there tapping layotos hand the whole time. he should have went after him. it was a pretty boring fight.
finally

1 - 18 of 18 Posts