Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, as the title suggests, want to know opinions or facts on the differences between the two. Lemme start by saying I have an ES master set for my EJ. The back is all done, and I was working on the fronts, well i went to press out my upper BJ and bent the shit outta my arm not being careful. So i decided to replace the arms with new adjustable one. I settled with DME UCA. (review to come) Well now the DME is a COMPLETE kit, it has hardware, mounting bracket bushing the whole bit. The bushing are supposedly better quality than OEM, i think he meant slightly harder. So my dilemma is, Do I use my new ES poly bushings in the UCA or the "better" than OEM bushings? and WHY? EDIT: both bushing sets are 100%new

New "better" than OEM

New ES bushings

·
Registered
453 Posts
I suggest the es bushings as they are more resistant to damage. Not like they will make ride comfort intolerable either.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
The play in those upper mounts is so small...you probably won't notice a difference either way. I'd go with the new and "improved" ones...for no other reason than fresh is best.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody else?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
really no one has an opinion or fact or thought on this?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I've heard good and bad things about ES bushings but I was planning on running a a full master set as well. I say slap the ES bushings on and sell the others to recoup a few bucks.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I never used either, but generally rubber is a more durable bushing material than polyurethane, especially thermoplastic PU. We don't know if the better unit is thermoset or thermoplastic PU.

·
Registered
457 Posts
really no one has an opinion or fact or thought on this?
my opinion: Red looks better! :honda:

I have them in my car too...
sloopy.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never used either, but generally rubber is a more durable bushing material than polyurethane, especially thermoplastic PU. We don't know if the better unit is thermoset or thermoplastic PU.
The "better" ones look almost identical to the OEM bushings. So what ever they are made of then..... rubber im guessing.

my opinion: Red looks better! :honda:

I have them in my car too...
sloopy.
How do you like them?

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Rubber designed to work hard will almost always be black. The carbon black component is a major part of the formulation to get the properties.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Squeaking means there isnt enough lubrication. that squeaking means wear and tear is happening.

Id stick to rubber for UCA and inner front LCA. poly or rubber everywhere else.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The "better" ones look almost identical to the OEM bushings. So what ever they are made of then..... rubber im guessing.

How do you like them?
they are fine :')

I bought the kit cause my factory rubber was looser then a ho the morning after payday, and it was cheaper going aftermarket with a whole kit then buy the indiviual pieces...

They have been in about 4 years i guess, and not any problems with them, but my car is almost stock...

(red rubber squeeks, no rubber makes babies ;'D )
sloopy.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I decided to use what was intended for the kit, the "better" ones. And if they suck ill swap in the poly's. TY all for your input.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I guess I'm the jdm fan boy. But whatever. I agree though that poly is good for somethings and not others.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
Most new rubber UCA pivots are not properly lubed if any lube.

If no lube is added they will make more noise the ES setup that is 5-6 years old and lube has gone away.

Tightening the UCA bolts with the suspension loaded is NOT FUN either. EVEN worse when it all backs apart.

Poly will need replaced over time, OEM lasted how long?

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
A good lube for polyurethane or rubber is plsain simple talcum powder.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Most new rubber UCA pivots are not properly lubed if any lube.

If no lube is added they will make more noise the ES setup that is 5-6 years old and lube has gone away.

Tightening the UCA bolts with the suspension loaded is NOT FUN either. EVEN worse when it all backs apart.

Poly will need replaced over time, OEM lasted how long?

A good lube for polyurethane or rubber is plsain simple talcum powder.
Well I tightened the UCA outta the car, with the arm 90* out from the mounting bolts. Which was the position they were in when removed. Also, I did NOT lube the rubber bushings..... should i loosen and talcum powder the inner sleeve?

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
If you want to be sure it does not squeek do it right. If a bit of a squeek is not a major issue just sprinkle a bit of talk on it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts