Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to get into chipping and tunning ecus theres not a lot of people out here that can do that. so wich is the most user friendly program to start out with

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
ubver and turbo edit are both freeware i believe
if you give 2 choices and they are both free, why suggest somethign that costs 150 and to get the full potential from it youll spend over 500 for an ostrich and other stuff

W

·
0 Posts
umm because the thread says MOST USER FRIENDLY ummm crome pro....thats the most user friendly program in my eyes. Plus has support like crazy, email john and he will answer any question intstead of searchin for it. yea he could get uberdata and tune but like me i used it for a while then decided to go crome.....now crome pro. thats what i should have done from the start.

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
man you kill me, you do this stuff in every thread, i talk to neptune quit e abit, he knows im not doing anythign against him
i know for a FACT hes looking for free ware, thats why he listed 2 free options as the title of the thread

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya i am looking for freeware i dont have the extra cash to jump in to chrome pro if i did id just use neptune anyway lol. i wil be using obd1 and obd0. thanks to both of you for imput

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
made a basemap for p28 ecu for 7psi. now what do i need to put it on my ecu?

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Uber works if you can troubleshoot. User support is slim to none but search the forums hard and you will eventualy find your answers. I used it for a loooong time and it did me good. But after going with Crome Pro...it was NOT worth the headache.

Freeware OBDI uber will do
Freeware OBD0 turbo Edit
Willing to spend some cash and save yourself a headache Crome Pro

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Bizzar said:
Freeware OBDI uber will do
Freeware OBD0 turbo Edit
Willing to spend some cash and save yourself a headache Crome Pro
yep, TE and Uber work fine. ive tuned with both and they will get the job done. Crome is just a lot nicer package right from the get-go.

the title said Uber or TE...are you obd0 right now? if you are obd1 then TE is out of the question since it is an obd0 rom editor

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
why isn't anyone mentioning crome FREE version?

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
makku said:
why isn't anyone mentioning crome FREE version?
I think because datalogging outside of the software is a PITA! Crome free does not have this. TE and Uber do in the "free" state.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
NEP-tuningalltheway said:
made a basemap for p28 ecu for 7psi. now what do i need to put it on my ecu?
So let me get this straight. You have no idea what you are doing and you want to do this for other people? Hope you get some sort of liabilty insurance so when you gernade someone's new motor and they sue you, that you are protected. Tuning isn't just adding and subtracting fuel. Its a skill. I do freelance chipping and help with tuning at a local shop. Its not just something you just into.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Actually now that I think of it, there is a local kid that thinks he's Joe tuner. He blew up a B18C1 his first pull for not pulling enough timing. I look at the map and he was just using a map he found online and was clueless. Needless to say he is buying another motor for the kid. Turns out the kid with the blown motor's father is a lawyer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts