Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start out, I have a Willem burner with the Serial and USB ports on the same side. I can successfully Read chips but anytime I try to open the Bins in Uberdata, the data comes up as non-sense. By non-sense, I mean the fuel values for low show up as 16000's all the way across the board and are all identical numbers. I have assumed that Uberdata is somehow reading the wrong portion of the chip or the bin file. I have tried reading with the ofset of 000000 and the ofset of 008000 and when I save them and open with uberdata, the numbers end up doing this. However. If I take the bin file that I read off of my basemap chip and save it and then reburn onto another chip, I can get it to work fairly consistently. No CEL's I am burning the files back onto an SST27SF512 chip with a 008000 ofset and it seems to work in my car just as before. So does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong?

· Registered
1993 Cobra
5,195 Posts
your not alone, this happens to me using crome. Only way to stop this is burn it, drive around to see if you like it, change it, erase the chip and burn the new settings. It also helps if you have 2 or more chips, cuts time down.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well see thats just my problem, I dont feel as if I can make any edits to the bin because they always look like this. There was one time that I read the chip and just reburned it anyways and the car ran. then I read it again and imported into uberdata and it worked just fine, but when I tried to put the FTL in, and reburned it, solid CEL and when I reread the chip it looked like what you see above. None of the numbers actually make any sense. Has a lot of people experienced what I am experiencing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.