Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
should a type rs be open at idle? my current bov is open at idle and the type rs is closed i was told to remove a spring because it should be open any info?
it only really needs to be closed under boost, i had a 40mm tial that stayed partially open at idle.

as long as it holds boost, and blows off when you let off the gas, that's all that matters....

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A real greddy type rs bov only has one spring and mine was open at idle. If it has 2 springs in it its a knockoff. Depending on how much psi your boosting will determine which spring to remove.

now my question is answer. it says greddy on the top but not cast into the body. thanks

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
now my question is answer. it says greddy on the top but not cast into the body. thanks
If it doesnt look like this it aint real. But greddy knockoff bov are carbon copies of the real thing in function. I have a knockoff type s and it works great just had to remove the stiffer spring since i was only running like 10psi.

·
Registered
2011 VW Jetta Tdi
106 Posts
Very similar bov to a dsm and those like to open under vac also. I would say its normal for that type of bov to do that.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
A real greddy type rs bov only has one spring and mine was open at idle. If it has 2 springs in it its a knockoff. Depending on how much psi your boosting will determine which spring to remove.
Not true. The greddy type rs does have two spring in it. The ebay type rs shit on me so I was using my cousin's greddy type rs for a while until I went with an apexi bov. I have to take one spring out of the greddy type rs for it to even open at idle. Compressor surge pretty badly too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts