Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
96 Civic LX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just bought a used 96-98 y8 intake manifold from a Civic EX off of ebay for $1 but shipping raped me ($40). The seller claims that it is the Type R manifold which flows better than any other oem d-series IM. Is this true???? It doesnt matter if not i got it for a buck, i just want to know if there is such thing as a Type R intake manifold. THANKS!!

·
Registered
96 Civic LX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was pretty sure he was bullshitting, hey i got it for cheap so im satisfied, its still better than my y7 IM once i do the swap.

·
Registered
96 civic coupe d16y7
262 Posts
better hope its the y8 im who knows what it could b u got the link to the bid page for everyone to check it out

Reactions: sleepingciv

·
Registered
crx
1,450 Posts

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
it's a type-scammard im.

·
Registered
96 Civic LX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys, i was pretty sure there wasnt anything special about it. im glad i got it for a buck. i should be getting it in the mail tomorrow. ill take pics and put them up so i can get more feedback of how un type-r it is.

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
CRX
1,475 Posts
I have a bridge i can sell you it will take you anywhere in the world...and i only want $100
Orly, I also have some ocean front property in Arizona, very cheap.... lol :)

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
CRX
1,475 Posts
To the original poster, Sounds like you still got it for a good deal :td: , at least it wasn't a 99-00 because you would have had to plug some holes up....

·
Registered
96 hatch SIR
1,334 Posts
U didn't get rape this time, sounds like your not even sure yourself when buying stuff. More research next time b4 purchasing.

·
Registered
'96 Civic EX
22 Posts
i hope your car is an automatic....... cuz thats what it says it's off of.
It'll be fine if he's running a D16Y7 on a P2E ECU - A/T and M/T D16Y7 use 3-wire IACV on the TB, same as D16Y8 A/T. Only the D16Y8 M/T uses 2-wire on back of intake manifold.
Good recycling program for when EX owners get rid of their stock manifold: The D16Y7 guys sure could use it!

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
What's a pirates favorite type of intake manifold?????

TYPE ARRRRRRRRRRRR's.

Sorry, I had to. :shifty:

Reactions: jimmyb34
1 - 20 of 21 Posts