Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had people tell me that the two timer is nothing but a headache and is always screwed up but no one can give any facts to support it. Has any one had any experience with it? All I want it is to be able to switch between hi/low launch settings (slicks/ street tires)

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
no no no, the 2-timer from Xenocron's website.

basically using the SST512 chip, you can load 2 maps onto one chip. then with the 2 timer all you do is flip a switch and it changes between the 2 maps while driving. very nice for launch control and stuff like that which you wouldnt want on the street

http://www.xenocron.com/products.php?page=components

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
can someone explain this thing to me. still not quite getting it. sorry....n00b.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
88ED3 said:
can someone explain this thing to me. still not quite getting it. sorry....n00b.
with the SST512 chip, basically there are 2 "pages" on it. you can write 2 different maps on one chip. Makku can give the definate explination, but basically i believe the #1 pin on the chip is a ground. you can burn a "page" with all the pins in your eprom burner, then to burn a map on the other page, you bend the #1 pin so it is not touching the burner, and burn again. now all the 2-timer does is connect or disconnect the ground signal to that #1 pin, causing it to switch between the maps.

again, im not sure about what pin it is, this is just an example of how i understand it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
i was just asking because on the moates web site, it says that i have to buy a new burner/software to burn 2 programs to a chip to use this 2- timer.. maybe they don't want to say anything about willem burners and turboedit...

·
Registered
EK 96
422 Posts
so there is nothing for obd II if a but the complete set up os better for me to buy the Hondadata for 500 than the complete crome and have to change to obd I....can anyone help me on thissss....

·
Registered
149 Posts
with the SST256 chip, basically there are 2 "pages" on it. you can write 2 different maps on one chip. Makku can give the definate explination, but basically i believe the #1 pin on the chip is a ground. you can burn a "page" with all the pins in your eprom burner, then to burn a map on the other page, you bend the #1 pin so it is not touching the burner, and burn again. now all the 2-timer does is connect or disconnect the ground signal to that #1 pin, causing it to switch between the maps.

again, im not sure about what pin it is, this is just an example of how i understand it.
I want to correct you on this, it will only work on the xxx512 chips, since the actual .bin size is 256K (half of the 512K on the chip, all of the 256K chips). Granted it could have been a typo on your part, but I don't want anyone getting confused over this.

Reactions: ryan89crx

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
I want to correct you on this, it will only work on the xxx512 chips, since the actual .bin size is 256K (half of the 512K on the chip, all of the 256K chips). Granted it could have been a typo on your part, but I don't want anyone getting confused over this.
ahh fuck, i could have sworn i said 512 chip, and in my first post i did. the second i guess i mis-typed

i meant to say SST27sf chip, which the only SST chips people are using are the 512s

proofreading > me

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
ok so sorry to bring this back from the dead, but i just got my two timer in today. i need to know how to burn 2 separate bins to my sst chip. one s for NA and the other is for Nitrous.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ya ryan you pretty much hit around the right area. pin 1 on the sst512 is the highest address pin (a15). usually this pin is connected to a ground so that it works on the lower page (0-256kb) of memory where a bin is stored. so if insted of pin 1 being connected to ground and it was connected to 5v then the ecu would read off the higher page (256kb-512kb) where the other bin would be stored.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts