Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 89 civic sedan with a d15b turbo build, has been converted to obd1 with chipped p06 ecu. As of late my two step has not been working. I bought the car used and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of where to start troubleshooting. My tach and Speedo both are working normally. Thanks for y’all’s time.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
989 Posts
Two step relies entirely on an external input, or some kind of configured threshold against other pre-existing inputs like Vehicle Speed Sensor or TPS.

Knowing the type of tuning solution you have would be a big start. Could you remove the top cover from the ECU, take a picture and post it so we can see?

You say its a "chipped" P06, but are you running ONLY a premade burned chip, or do you have an emulator solution installed in place of the EEPROM like a Hondata S300 or a Demon 2, etc?

If you only have a burned/tuned EEPROM installed, then you have no real-time tuning solution, and will need to consult a tuner who has the ability and equipment to read your chip configuration to see how two step is configured, then troubleshoot from there.

Otherwise, if you have a Hondata or Demon2 installed, use a laptop with their appropriate software, connect to the emulator board, and download the configuration to view it. Those hardware solutions and their software have menus that cater to 2-step, and all the details of what is being looked at to enable 2-step will appear in those menu's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately I purchased the car from a friend that has past away so I do not have to much info on the tune. I’m pretty much just figuring stuff out with the car as I go. So any help would be appreciated. I do kno that it was tuned with crome. And the two step was set at 4500 and 8000.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
see if xenocron.com is still selling a moates or demon for reasonable pricing. I havent checked their prices in years.

Or you can buy a williams burner setup for 30-60 bucks on ebay to read the chip (do some searching to verify which burner/reader works for your application), then you can read hte chip file with crome and see where the settings are.

Low hanging fruit to check, simply get some sewing needles, jam them into the TPS plug when its plugged into the TPS still, and read the voltage with no throttle input, then read with max throttle.

You want 0.45-0.525 volts with no throttle input, and 4.45-4.75v with max throttle. The numbers are supposed to be 0.5 and 4.5, but not all multimeters read exactly the same, and sometimes electronic devices in the area will skew the readings slightly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve got a burner 2, that’s what he used to burnt the chip. I downloaded Crome today but every time I try and use it it says the license is expired an need to download the latest version, but from what I’m seeing I already have the latest. I’ll bring my multimeter home from work Monday and test the tps.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
I think the newest version (its old regardless) is liek 1.6.1.2 or something similar.

You can always try opening crome up with compatability mode if on windows 10. Use 7 or xp mode if available (right click executable, properties, compatability). administrative mode can help clear that issue as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts