Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
idk man you really should do it yourself if its your first time unless you plan on doing for other people or more than one. Its a bitch!!!

·
Registered
879 Posts
i changed the clutch and flywheel on my old cavalier, and it wasn't bad with the help of a friend. it was my first time doing it. just buy yourself a chilton or haynes manual, grab your tools, and get to work, lol :D

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
It's really isnt hard...do it yourself. The 1st time i did mines it took me awhile, but the 2nd time was a breeze. I'll be alot fast when i get my impact wrench.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
if you are really worried about it, pay your friend to SHOW you how to do it, and next time you won't need any help...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hell it took me 2 hours the first time. Shops want 450 to do it just because its an integra. Definately sand that flywheel a bit with a grinder. You will be thankfull you did.:)

·
D-series Champ
1,338 Posts
get copies of the pages you need from service manuals at a dealer. send the flywheel to get machined. pm me if you have any more questions.

·
D-series WTF?!?!
Dyno GT Racing Bike
3,674 Posts
ur flywheel may be need of a shave or cut (almost like disc brakes) if it damage or chip off if not no need to sweat it but like they say it never hurt to learn as long as u got the right tools ur straight
unlike me i did it the "GHETTO alley mechanic" i did have all the tool so it took us an exagerated 8 HOURS just me and a friend or so i think it was 8 hour may less. hum! look like i gotta check the time next time

1 - 20 of 23 Posts