Honda D Series Forum banner

Two problems

2K views 41 replies 9 participants last post by  civicridin 
#1 ·
First problem, when i drive my car growls driving straight/or turning left when i take a right turn it goes away until i straighten out. so its my wheel bearing right? Well i jacked up the tire in question and it wont wiggle like people told me to try. where you put your hand on the top, and try and rock the wheel

problem 2. Today driving my car, my idle did something fuckin weird. Its been bouncing idle from 1800 to 1300ish up and down at idle. Like i have a big cam. Anyway, its been doing this, and ive been waiting for my IACV to be shipped :cough cough: anyway, today my idle stuck @ 1800rpms and was a real fast bounce. like not changing in rpms that i could tell..and goin way fast. My CEL came on on the drive home, so im going to find a paper clip and see wtf is up

wtf is going on with my hatchy

#3 · (Edited)
oh and also, when my car was doing that weird 1800 steady bounce, driving if i would let off throttle my car would lunge forward. even if i was in 5th gear doing like 40

wtf, i wonder why they said, "thats how you test for bad wheel bearing"

anyway, I got that bosal reso installed today, and a cat...and my car sounds awesome!

#5 ·
lol, the only reason your honda is not reliable is because you keep messing with it.. everyday you have a problem with it... my 400+ whp drag car doesnt have as many problems as your car lol

#9 ·
you dont want to touch that... for one hes throwing a cel so something is wrong... also, it has a jumpy idle.

didnt you say you have a new iacv on the way?? why not wait and post after you put that on since that will most likely take your problem away

#16 ·
You can feel play in the wheel if you've got a bad wheel bearing. If its wasted theirs very noticeable play. You can have a bad bearing and no play though. Def sounds like a bearing, Id put the car up on jack stands and put the car in like 2nd let out the clutch and listen to each side and see if you can hear the bearing. I check wheel bearings all the time at work on the lift with a screwdriver up to the spindle like a stethoscope. I'd be careful running your car on jack stands though. Make sure everything is stable. You should be able to hear it just spinning pretty slowly next to the car.

#26 ·
nah its been idling fucked up this whole month. The cel never came on till today, when it was doing teh super fast bounce idle. it came on almost immediatly. Then i went and had my exhaust shit installed, took about an hour or so, and now i dont get the fast bounce idle.

i just get the irregular cam idle that goes from 1300 to 1800 up down up down etc

#27 ·
besides that, does anyone know to to align a hood? These mechanics took my hood off and it wont latch now, when I got the hood originally there were only 2 bolts [top closest to winshield] were in. You couldnt put all 4 in. Well now I cant get it to latch. I think they may have banged the hoods rod, that goes into the latch over? im :joint:

#29 ·
If i lived closer i'd just come buy it right now. that'd solve ur problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.