Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First problem, when i drive my car growls driving straight/or turning left when i take a right turn it goes away until i straighten out. so its my wheel bearing right? Well i jacked up the tire in question and it wont wiggle like people told me to try. where you put your hand on the top, and try and rock the wheel

problem 2. Today driving my car, my idle did something fuckin weird. Its been bouncing idle from 1800 to 1300ish up and down at idle. Like i have a big cam. Anyway, its been doing this, and ive been waiting for my IACV to be shipped :cough cough: anyway, today my idle stuck @ 1800rpms and was a real fast bounce. like not changing in rpms that i could tell..and goin way fast. My CEL came on on the drive home, so im going to find a paper clip and see wtf is up

wtf is going on with my hatchy

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
oh and also, when my car was doing that weird 1800 steady bounce, driving if i would let off throttle my car would lunge forward. even if i was in 5th gear doing like 40

putting ur hands on top and bottom and trying to move it will only tell ya if ur upper or lower ball joints are bad
wtf, i wonder why they said, "thats how you test for bad wheel bearing"

anyway, I got that bosal reso installed today, and a cat...and my car sounds awesome!

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
lol, the only reason your honda is not reliable is because you keep messing with it.. everyday you have a problem with it... my 400+ whp drag car doesnt have as many problems as your car lol

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont mess with it. I fix the shit that gets fucked up.

I dont have a different problem, these are the same problems I've had.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
have you tried to adjust the screw on the t.b for idle

you dont want to touch that... for one hes throwing a cel so something is wrong... also, it has a jumpy idle.

didnt you say you have a new iacv on the way?? why not wait and post after you put that on since that will most likely take your problem away

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
have you tried to adjust the screw on the t.b for idle
yes i fucked with it, and then found out im not supossed to.

i still say take it to down to chi town knock the window and ingition out and say it was stolen lol

did u spin the wheel when it was in the air
no i didnt spin it, what does that do?
And im about to break the window out and say its stolen, maybe thatll work better than fixin it and selling it

you dont want to touch that... for one hes throwing a cel so something is wrong... also, it has a jumpy idle.

didnt you say you have a new iacv on the way?? why not wait and post after you put that on since that will most likely take your problem away
i touched it already, so idk where i should set the screw at? turn it till its all the way tight?

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
the locking nut on the screw should still be in the same place.. so turn it with the allen key until it gets tight

·
Registered
civic
2,211 Posts
with as many problem you have had with that civc dude, i'd sell it and start fresh. there comes a point when u have to say damn this ahah. GL solving ur issues

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hes talking about the set screw on the return

and if u spin the tire u should be able to hear if the bearing is bad or if ur caipler is dragging
what set screw on the return? im not following sorry.

with as many problem you have had with that civc dude, i'd sell it and start fresh. there comes a point when u have to say damn this ahah. GL solving ur issues
yeah im about to sell it. if i can get the idle fixed and the wheel bearing itll be all good

edit: im going outside right now to see what CEL is throwing

·
Registered
98 civic ex coupe
938 Posts
You can feel play in the wheel if you've got a bad wheel bearing. If its wasted theirs very noticeable play. You can have a bad bearing and no play though. Def sounds like a bearing, Id put the car up on jack stands and put the car in like 2nd let out the clutch and listen to each side and see if you can hear the bearing. I check wheel bearings all the time at work on the lift with a screwdriver up to the spindle like a stethoscope. I'd be careful running your car on jack stands though. Make sure everything is stable. You should be able to hear it just spinning pretty slowly next to the car.

·
Registered
civic
2,211 Posts
i hear u dude, thats how i was getting with my civic, but i got it fixed and once i heard vtec crossover, i was like, yessss good thing i didnt sell it lol.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts