Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends car was running good and he had someone adjust his valves that didint know what they were doing and they got them so out of whack it wouldnt even really run. I have adjusted them and the car fired up but its only running on the outter two cylinders now. Pulled the plugs and they were jacked put a new set in and fired it back up. Still only running on the outer two... after running a while pulled the plugs again the outer two are black with one spot that actually looks good like a plug should and the inner two are still like brand new have never seen fuel/fire.

I have never worked on a ZC and never had any problems like this out of my z6 so I wanted to come ask people that may have had this happen before so I can know where to start looking... Thanks guys.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Frist make sure the valce are adjust correctly. Not just what u think is right.

Then check for spark in all clyinders.
And take a screwdriver and put it on the injector and listen for it clicking while the car is running.
Also make sure all the injector clips are tight

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Valve's have been adjusted three times with a feeler gauge so i know they are right. I'll check for spark and see if i can hear the injectors.

·
Registered
97 honda HX-07 STI
286 Posts
.DOHC ZC right. Are they saturated or peak and hold. I was always curious about that.?

·
Registered
97 honda HX-07 STI
286 Posts
Compression test.. Possibly damaged a valve.
Gotta agree with this quote. I have heard if ur not sure how to adjust valves especially honda better not to.Since it is an interference motor. Sounds to me like the guy who tinkered with em cinched em down tight. Bad scenario all the way around...Are the plugs fouled out or physically damaged.

·
Premium Member
92 civic cx hatch
1,012 Posts
try and find a know good set of injectors and pop them in, if still nothing then do a leakdown

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
You can also pull them out and zap the terminals with a 9v battery. It should audibly "click", and if you have good eyes you will see the pintle on the tip move a hair (literally).

I find stuck injectors tend to get unstuck easiest if you pulse them at very low fuel pressure. For some reason it doesn't work at zero pressure. You'd have to prime the pump to get some pressure, disable the pump & ignition, then crank it til pressure reaches zero. They may magically open up. Make sure you first zip-tie them to the fuel rail, pull them out, and have them spray into a shop rag to prevent flooding your engine. In most cases physically pushing on the pintle does the same thing, but they can be bent & ruined by doing that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts